Gabriela Anders {bossa chill-latin funk-latin jazz}

Rock, reggae, r'n'b si orice alt gen muzical despre care simtiti nevoia sa discutati ... pe masura ce discutiile se vor segrega probabil vor aparea noi subforumuri

Moderator: .etalosed

Deena
La Cosa Nostra
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

Gabriela Anders {bossa chill-latin funk-latin jazz}

Post by Deena »

you might like this person if you dont know her already
...o voce deosebita, calda...o prezenta pe masura
Ultimul album aparut in 2004 "Last tango in Rio" este dovada maturitatii artistei ce s'a aventurat si a impins limitele imbracand piese ale consacratei Billie Holliday intr'o noua forma. Un album ce merita ascultat!

Argentinean jazz chanteuse Gabriela Anders was born into a musical family, and listened closely to her father, jazz saxophonist Jorge Anders while she studied classical guitar and piano in her native Buenos Aires. "There were so many musical influences when I was growing up, I wanted to do something with them ??€� especially tango."

For her new album, Anders returns to her homeland for inspiration and flavoring, as she covers some of the jazz classics made famous by Billie Holiday ??€� including God Bless The Child, among others. "Her work has meant so much to me," says Anders. "No one could sing these beautiful songs better than she did, so I tried a different take by bringing to them a little bit of South America."

Style: Latin Jazz / Latin Funk

Review: Soft, smooth, dream-like Gabriela Anders delivers sweet renditions of Billie Holiday classics as well as Anders??€� originals.
Subtle Latino, Brazilian tempo provided by Portinho on drums and percussion. Romero Lubambo plays guitar, while John Benitez holds a soft bass background.

Perky keyboard rhythms provided by G. Anders as she holds long notes on keyboard, keeping the melody smooth and thought reflecting??€�like a romantic breeze.

Bandoneon is played by Tito Castro.

Gabriela??€�s musical background shows as she carries off, in subtle perfection, the sounds of Brazilian magic. Her mellow voice caresses the senses with a gentle touch of love inspired tunes.

Even the more up-tempo tunes have a delicious feel of sweet love as only the Latin beat can conjure up.

Gabriela gained great publicity from Vogue and People magazines for her ability to mix and present her South American, R&B and jazz tones to a huge audience??€�a great start for a young lady who has done vocals for Grover Washington, Jr., Marc Anthony, Celia Cruz and Tito Puente.

Tracks: You Go To My Head, Abracadabra, Love Is Here To Stay, God Bless The Child, Embrace Me, The Buenos Aires Mix, Body And Soul, All Your Love, Meant To Be, ??€?Til The End Of Time

Musicians

Gabriela Anders : vocals, keys
Wayne Krantz : drums
John Benitez : drums, guitar, bass
Tito Castro : bandoneon
Gabriela Rivano : bandoneon
Jorge Aleano : Andean flute, charango
Jorge Anders : sax
Portinho : drums, percussion
Romero Lubambo : guitar
H. Martignon : keys
Check out her Bio here=> http://gabrielaanders.com/newsite/