The Magic I.D. - Till My Breath Gives Out '08

Rock, reggae, r'n'b si orice alt gen muzical despre care simtiti nevoia sa discutati ... pe masura ce discutiile se vor segrega probabil vor aparea noi subforumuri

Moderator: .etalosed

doru649
dimineata verific forumu
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

The Magic I.D. - Till My Breath Gives Out '08

Post by doru649 »

am asteptat sa treaca ceva vreme pana sa'l proclam debutul primei jumatati de an...

o mini-recenzie proprie:
And for Erstwhile also - best known for what once was called generically “dangerous improv” - things are taking quite a turn. It’s called - generically again? - ErstPop, and to borrow a quote from its own founder (Jon Abbey): “it’s not pop music, it’s not the music that’s come to be associated with Erstwhile, but it’s somewhere in between the two”. Very ‘down-to-earth’, all of this: artwork included, and the budget, obviously… Down, once more, to the musical arrangements, “composed/performed by key members of the Berlin electro-acoustic/free improvisation ‘scene’ and strongly informed by the lexicon of sound-producing gestures that goes hand-in-hand with said”. The orchestration (guitar, laptop, two clarinets panned hard left/right) is nigh-on faultless and, yes, you can tell the time & care that has been put into the ‘songs’ collection. Loaded over the top are the voices of both Margareth Kammerer and Christof Kurzmann, haughtly flirting with the listener. I can only welcome them as something natural, that’s rightfully there; otherwise, would have too much a hard time understanding thoughtfulness behind intentions. Could it be that the main intention is mere cultivation of good taste? It’s probably all a bit blurry for me to have anything terribly insightful to say. No nit-picking either - this is one to savor.
PS: «Released simultaneously in two formats: foldout digipak CD and gatefold 180g vinyl. The content/running order are identical; the LP version was mastered slightly differently to better fit the format. LP is an edition of 500 copies; CD is unlimited and inexpensive.»

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

haha, pe toate blogurile pe care am intrat, era si el, cerandu-le oamenilor sa scoata linkurile de dld.
place ce aud pe myspace, da-mi un mp daca mai ai cumva un link pe undeva.

cred ca ti-am spus cand discutam pe YM de mark hollis (talk talk) sau de nick drake, david sylvian
si ca ma aflu in perioada pop/folk/krautrock, cele mai calde voci posibile, ever.
chiar ma gandeam in timp ce playa pe myspace piesa, ca s-ar mula incredibil de bine. hehe, this is fun.

p.s.: de ai mai descoperit albume din zona asta, wanna know them titles :D
you just never know when you're living in a golden age.

doru649
dimineata verific forumu

Post by doru649 »

mie mi'a fost mai greu sa ma obisnuiesc cu vocea lui Kurzmann;
cred ca a fost un fel de exercitiu de toleranta pana la a 3-a auditie,
cand am inceput s'o 'savurez' pe'adevaratelea (hence the review).
de cealalta parte, vocalul feminin imi aminteste de primul Telepopmusik.
o sa intru si in Hollis, una din zilele astea...

doru649
dimineata verific forumu

Post by doru649 »

Return to “Alte genuri muzicale”