Events ... here, there, everywhere ...
Marwan
fratele meu tu esti baiat
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

FREQ NASTY (UK)// TRG //12 dec. Club MIDI// Cluj

Post by Marwan »

BIOGRAFIE :

FREQ NASTY myspace.com/djfreqnasty
-s-a nascut in Fiji, a crescut in Noua Zeelanda si momentan penduleaza intre USA si UK. Si-a inceput cariera de producator/dj inca din anii ’90, fiind un pionier al curentului nu-skool breaks asupra caruia si-a pus amprenta sonora inconfundabila. Piesele sale acorda atentie sporita bass-ului si percutiilor, incorporand elemente diverse si influente din hip hop, reggae si acid. A colaborat si a facut remixuri unor artisti ca Bassnectar, ADAM FREELAND, FATBOY SLIM, Kelis sau KRS One si a co-produs albumul de debut Santigold. Seturile sale, greu de incadrat intr-un gen anume, au cucerit ringurile de dans din intreaga lume, de la Fabric (Londra) sau Twilo (New York) pana la festivaluri ca Sziget, Creamfields sau Burning Man.

TRG cosmintrg.com
-este artistul roman cu cea mai impresionanta ascensiune in scena dubstep internationala, coleg de label cu Skream, DJ si producator cu o agenda din ce in ce mai incarcata. Piesele sale se difuzeaza pe BBC Radio 1 sau Kiss 100 si se regasesc pe compilatii ca Fabric Live, I Love Dubstep, Steppas Delight sau Dubstep Allstarsl . TRG se bucura de atentia unor DJ ca Laurent Garnier, Mary Anne Hobbs, Cold Cut, Freq Nasty sau Modeselektor Tehnica, selectia, varietatea de care da dovada in seturi, imbinand drum&bass-ul cu dubstep si chiar cu 44 si techno, energia sa si aprecierea majoritatii publicului de profil l-au propulsat pe TRG pe o pozitie onorabila in topul celor mai buni DJ si producatori din Romania.

MARWAN dua.ro
-a inceput sa mixeze prin 2002 - 2003 si debuteaza prin evenimente in orasul natal - Cluj Napoca. Isi cumpara platanele si primele vinyluri in 2005 si fondeaza D.u.a.( Dubious Underground Association ) alaturi de care promoveaza evenimente cu un substrat muzical divers - de la hip hop si funk pana la reggae, breakbeat si drumandbass. Evenimentele isi gasesc gazda in locatii si orase diferite, Cluj, Bucuresti, litoralul romanesc. Intre timp primeste invitatii sa mixeze la Timisoara, Bucuresti, Deva, Vama Veche, Vaslui. A impartit, scena cu artisti consacrati din mai toate ariile muzicale. Mixeaza dub, reggae,hip-hop si broken beats(nu funk, bossa nova, breaks), etc. intr-un stil aparte in care include scratch-uri, beat juggling si acapellas.

Marwan

Re: FREQ NASTY (UK)// TRG //12 dec. Club MIDI// Cluj

Post by Marwan »

Cine vrea mix-ul lu` FREQ NASTY din 2008 se poate gasi foarte usor intrand pe Soul Seek si tastand " freq nasty fabriclive 42 "

Marwan

Post by Marwan »

Marwan

Post by Marwan »

0. Darin McFadyen, aka FreQ Nasty.
How did you come up with this nickname? How Nasty can you get?

I used to be into 50's and 60's sci fi comics and I wanted a name that sounded like one of those mad characters with crazy powers - so FreQ Nasty was born. He has special powers of low-end bowel disruption that are used only for the forces of good but still he's a much misunderstood character due to his tendency to regularly unleash mind scrambling bass on unsuspecting audiences across the universe.

1. You’re a FreQ Flyer over the Atlantic. Are charter flights an adrenaline rush or a necessary chapter in the Biz for you?

Its like getting on a bus these days, so easy and everyday, but I try not to take the miracle of flight for granted. Only 100 years ago it would have seemed like we would be in some future paradise world if we could fly anywhere in the world any time we wanted, so I try to keep that in mind. Having said that when I'm waiting in the departure lounge for a flight after being up all night at the gig it can seem like drag knowing gotta sit my weary ass in a seat for 13 hours. I'd answer differently on different days.

2. Do you ever take the time to sit and ponder about pacing yourself and raising young rebels in a family unit?

Not so much. If they turned out anything like me I'd be in a whole heap of trouble.

3. If you had kids, would you like them to grow up in metropolitan New York, the London melting pot or the fresh ocean air of the Maori backlands?

All of those places can be heaven or hell depending on how you see them. If there's one thing I noticed in my travels around the globe over the years its that there is suffering and beauty everywhere, and sometimes two different people in the same place can be seeing the opposite thing. Its all habituation of the mind. Its more about what you teach kids as they grow that's important than where they are.

4. Could you name a couple of differences between doing DJ sets in New York and London?

Yeah in London its much better .......joke. No both are great. The kids I play for in NYC often are the www.Subswara.com crew and they have similar sensibility. Lots of bass and not too much concern for genre, and they are hard into their tunes. In london you get the beauty of so many different scenes and they REALLY know their music, and they want it next level. Both places are on fire right now.

5. Have you thought of working with or doing remixes for Beck or Radiohead or do you consider their music too soft for your style?

I have thought about it all the time - I wish they would too . I love both bands music.

6. Is this the first time you are making the trip to Romania? Do you plan to visit a special place here or are you on a tight schedule?

It is my first time but I have heard the crowds are awesome and that they are well educated musically and the place is beautiful, so I am really looking forward to it.

7. You launched giveback.net. What kind of funds have you raised for Tibet and how do you know funding is used for the purposes it is sent for?

I think the goal was $7500 at the time and we raised more than that in the end I think. We vetted the organizations personally and also made them pledge to us that the money would be used for the specific purpose we raised it for - to help the monks marching on Tibet from India to raise awareness about the Chinese government's attitude toward Tibet - and also that it wouldn't be used to support violent protest.

8. Who can join in the cause? What kind of artists are you looking for to join this project?

At the moment we are reworking the site and trying to fix some of the corners we cut in trying to get up and running in such a short space of time but very soon we are going to be launching version 2 of the site that will allow anyone to make their own campaigns to help causes they are passionate about.

9. What is the next campaign going to appeal for?

As I said , the next step is to allow anyone to make their own campaign with the help of Giveback, so you choose !

10. Do you believe the G8 are to blame for the global problems we have or is it because of the lack of interest people living in the Western World have for environmental problems?

We are all equally to blame for the problems we see in the world. Mostly we continue to turn a blind eye to the suffering of others and expect that a vote every 4 years will somehow absolve us of the responsibility to take action in our own lives to help others. As long as we rely on inefficient political systems to solve our problems for us then we will see these problems arise again and again. Many asian (and other non westerners) are equally unconcerned with what is happening in their world, and deal with it only because they are in the middle of the problem and can't avoid it. Much of the 3rd world is just as keen to turn to consumer capitalism as we have been in the west, so to somehow think westerners are the problem is not really accurate.
We need to stop blaming politicians who have little power to make the changes we want to see and get off our butts and help the people we can in our own day to day world in whatever small way we can ..... and not buy so much bullshit we don't need.
Just being content is the most radical action you can take in a consumerist world. That and reaching out beyond the buying frenzy that is Christmas and helping someone who needs it!
many thanks
FreQ Nasty

Return to “Evenimente”