R.I.P. Notorious BIG

Discutii despre hip hop-ul de-afara

Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

cafteala
official QB murderer
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

R.I.P. Notorious BIG

Post by cafteala »

SOHH.com got together with some of The Notorious B.I.G.'s friends and fans including Fat Joe, Junior Mafia and Lord Finesse, among others, to create the ultimate "What If Biggie Never Died?" list.

It's been nine years since the Biggie walked the Earth and his absence is most felt when looking at Hip-Hop's current landscape. Biggie was a true talent that raised the bar in Hip-Hop with the rare ability to rock any mic, any stage, any beat, and any crowd. He was blessed with skills that translated across state, cultural, and financial boundaries. Bigger than his name or frame, B.I.G. was larger than life. Imagine him here today and you can almost hear him say, "Man, things done changed!"

"His mother's heart [wouldn't be broken]." - Bonz Malone, hip-hop journalist

"People wouldn't be saying 'they're the best rappers since BIG died.'" - DJ Beverly Bond, DJ/Model

"Junior Mafia's career would have gone a whole different way, and we'd still be here together as one... one family like it was before." - Lil' Cease, Junior Mafia

"There would've been a Brooklyn Mint flagship store on 5th avenue, Notorious cologne, B.I.G.Bling watches by Jacob and Co., and Warning: The Video Game. There would have been Junior Mafia albums, volumes 2, 3, and 4; and "Ready to Live," the movie and so on and so on. " - Miss Info, hip-hop journalist

"Without competition, Jay-Z was allowed to build an empire... a monopoly, if you will. A Bad Boy label, with Biggie, would never have allowed that to happen so easily." - Adrian Vicente, fan

"Total would be back together." - Vita, Black Wall Street

"I probably would have worked with him more with Lil Kim and Junior Mafia." - Lord Finesse, DITC

"Jay-Z wouldn't have anyone to quote." - ibeblunt, SOHH

"There would more joints from my dog." - Mr. Cheeks, The Lost Boyz

"The Lox would still be signed to Bad Boy." - BK Mecca, SOHH

"Biggie and Faith celebrity makeover, just look at how incredible Fay looks now. Imagine if Hip-Hop's original royal couple had gone on some South Beach diet shit together? No disrespect to Faith's new beautiful family and her hubby Todd, but it would a been something to see." - Miss Info

"Big was the type of rapper that thrived off good music. He'd hear something hot and be determined to make something hotter. So he'd be at the top of his game right now. He lived off that energy to be the best." - Klepto, Junior Mafia

"I think the original Bad Boy roster would still be there cause Biggie was very influential on how things went down." - Kima, Total

"I'd have one more friend in the world." - Bonz Malone

"Fat Joe and Biggie would have made a Twins album. I was gonna sign to Bad Boy when Biggie died and we was going do an album together. That's when Atlantic signed me; they gave me my own label and stole me from Puff Daddy. But I would have loved to work with BIG." - Fat Joe

"If he was still here he'd be the realest nigga in Hip-Hop. Every time I saw him, he was so down-to-earth. No matter how big he was; no matter much he blew up, he'd always stop and talk with you. He was never like a catty dude. He's still the realest nigga in the game I've ever met." - Vita

"Homie would have gave people what they wanted, a whole lot of good music. Cause that's all Big was ever really about, he was a real humble dude who just wanted help out his people and make good music." - Banger, Junior Mafia

"Jay-Z and Cam'ron would have been in The Commission." - Samm Wilson, fan

"He'd see his clothing line blowing up like Puff Daddy's." - Mr. Cheeks

"I think that certain songs of his may not have been released. I think "Dead Wrong" would not have necessarily come out." - DJ Beverly Bond

"Lil Kim would still look like Lil Kim." - BK Mecca

"Shyne would have never signed to Bad Boy therefore making him a free man." - Samm Wilson

"The competition to be the King of New York would have been crazy. It would have been BIG, Jay, Nas, Jadakiss, 50 [Cent] ...Imagine what it would have looked like!" - Lord Finesse

sohh.com

//

Christopher George Latore Wallace (May 21, 1972 ??€� March 9, 1997), also known as Biggie Smalls (after a stylish gangster in 1975's Let's Do it Again) and Frank White (from the film King of New York), but best known as The Notorious B.I.G. (Business Instead of Game and, since his death, Books Instead of Guns), was a popular rapper of the mid-1990s.

His career was overshadowed by the Bad Boy/Death Row Records feud during his life, but following his untimely death in 1997, The Notorious B.I.G. has been celebrated as a hip hop legend. He is remembered for his storytelling ability, talented freestyling ability, and his easy to understand yet complex flow.

The 6 ft 3 in., 400 pound (136 kg) rapper, was born and raised in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, New York City. B.I.G.'s Jamaican-born mother Voletta Wallace, a preschool teacher, raised him single handedly; his father George Latore, who was a small-time Jamaican politician, abandoned him and his mother when he was two years old. Despite these circumstances, Voletta claimed that Christopher lived a comfortable life. He would later profess otherwise on songs such as "Juicy". As an honor-roll student, he dropped out of school at 17 to work as a small-time crack cocaine dealer in his hometown. He would later traffic the drug into Virginia where it could be sold at a higher price. Even as a drug dealer, young Wallace was known for his charisma. He rapped as a hobby and was soon discovered by DJ Mister Cee (Big Daddy Kane's former DJ), with whom he released his demo tape.

The demo tape made by Biggie and Mister Cee found its way into the hands of then Uptown Records employee Sean "Puffy" Combs, who fell in love with the rapper and quickly arranged for a meeting with Biggie and Mister Cee. Combs and Wallace became instant friends, and their first appearance together was on the 1992 reggae song "Dolly My Baby" by Supercat.

Biggie first gained notice with "Party and Bullshit," his first single. His second mainstream appearance was on the remix to Mary J. Blige's smash hit "Real Love". He appeared on "One Million Strong" on a song called "RUNNIN'" with 2Pac & Dramacydal. He also made an appearance on a Trapp album called "Stop The Gunfight" on a track called "Be The Realist" with 2Pac & Trapp. This album also contained a remix of "RUNNIN'" called "Stop The Gunfight". All of these guest appearces built a sizeable buzz around Biggie's name leading up to his solo debut.

In 1994 he released "Juicy", his second (yet first mainstream) single. He also released Ready to Die, his debut album. Ready to Die is regarded as one of hip-hop's all-time classic albums, and is credited with revitalizing East Coast hip hop. The album features one of rap's most famous "playa anthems", the song "Big Poppa", which samples R&B singers, the Isley Brothers. On the track "Everyday Struggle", Biggie's album drew critical acclaim for its vivid story-telling and razor-sharp lyricism, such as "They don't know about the stress filled day/Baby on the way, mad bills to pay/That's why you drink Tanqueray/So you can reminisce and wish/You wasn't living so devilish." Another standout track is "Warning," wherein Biggie once again displays his story-telling ability. The album is considered by many to be one of the best and most hardcore hip-hop albums of all time.

In 1995, Biggie's clique Junior M.A.F.I.A. (Junior Masters At Finding Intelligent Attitudes) released the album Conspiracy. That same year saw Biggie introduce to the mainstream his crewmates Lil' Kim and Lil' Cease. That same year, B.I.G.'s single "One More Chance" debuted at #5 on the Pop Charts, at the time, tying Scream/Childhood by Michael Jackson as the highest debut single in music history, although this record has since been surpased by Michael Jackson's You Are Not Alone which debuted at number one. "One More Chance," which sampled the R&B song "Stay With Me," was a remix of the song by the same name that originally appeared on Ready to Die. "One More Chance" was also Biggie's highest selling single, as the single alone was certified Platinum.

By the end of 1995, The Notorious B.I.G. had become one of the most famous and popular rappers in the world. He was named Lyricist Of The Year by The Source, and many dubbed him the "King Of New York" (a play on his "Frank White" nickname, which stems from the movie with the same name).

wikipedia

REST IN PEACE!

Sun|Rah, poti sa uploadezi albumul ala cu Notorious BIG si Frank Sinatra? Te rog.. daca ai timp si posibilitatea. Multumesc mult!

preacher
o viata pe forum

Post by preacher »

si asta a murit frate??
99.9%

bboyspdy
sub.solist

Re: R.I.P. Notorious BIG

Post by bboyspdy »

bLuEsHiFt wrote:Sun|Rah, poti sa uploadezi albumul ala cu Notorious BIG si Frank Sinatra? Te rog.. daca ai timp si posibilitatea. Multumesc mult!
Il am eu upload-at AICI :)

R.I.P.

cafteala
official QB murderer

Post by cafteala »

Preacher wrote:si asta a murit frate??
S-au implinit 9 ani de cand a decedat.

Multumesc mult whigguh. :wink: appreciated.

preacher
o viata pe forum

Post by preacher »

cum a murit mah? ... ca doar ce scosese album cu sinatra... plm... cum mor astia..pe capete...
99.9%

Chill Will
the funky man

Post by Chill Will »

Preacher wrote:cum a murit mah? ... ca doar ce scosese album cu sinatra... plm... cum mor astia..pe capete...

offtopic : hahahahahha :lol: :lol: :lol:

ontopic :

Albumu cu F.S. :

Notorius B.I.G. & Frank Sinatra - Bed stuy meets blue eyes

http://rapidshare.de/files/14388750/Not ... a.rar.html
http://listen.radionomy.com/classic-rap.m3u Classic Rap radio 24/7 - 101% dopeness

rap gangsta
tanar

Post by rap gangsta »

deci ce dracu ..mi-se pare ca a fost una din cele mai mari pierderi Notorius B.I.G ..la fel cum pt rockeri a fost Kurt Cobain ..la fel este si el pt noi ...RIP
save water and drink beer

Kaen Shine
Shiftee

Post by Kaen Shine »

Amu de morti numa' de bine, dar mie nu mi se par pierderi imense nici Cobain nici Biggie. Imi place doar negativul de la Big Poppa, pentru care n-are nici un merit. Si ca sa fiu si mai offtopic, si ca tot am vazut ca l-a resuscitat cineva pe Eazy pe aici :shock: :lol: , imi aduc aminte de cuvintele nemuritoare ale lui Violent J referitor la Eazy si Cobain.

"Rapper dies of AIDS and they hardly mention, rocker blows his face off and becomes a legend / With heroin and a shotgun, a hero was made - maybe I should do that shit so Jake can get paid!"

Down goes anutha nigga. Am auzit ca si pe Shakur il cauta sa-l whackeleasca. Whats the hh world coming to?! STOP THE EASTCOAST WESTCOAST WAR!!!! :caramizi:
See this rap thing is all about the the bragadoccio
I check my rearview, emcees ain't gettin closer

Shutz
un harnic machitor

Post by Shutz »

R.I.P. Christopher Wallace, a.k.a. Nororious B.I.G.

Sa lasam mortii sa se odihneasca in pace.

[2pac]
Rest in peace to my mothafucka Biggie Smalls
That's right boy, it's goin on
Right here, Thug Life
God bless the dead

God bless the dead & buried nigga
Don't worry if you see God first tell Him shit got worse
I ain't mad, I know you're representin the crew
And I can picture you in Heaven with a blunt & a brew
Fuck the world, pain was a part of the game
If you a baller, money went as quick as it came
My role models gone or they locked in the pen
Straight hustlas, caught up in the whirlwind
The other day, I thought I seen my homeboy Biggie
Sayin shit don't stop, nigga, no pity
We all hoods, and all we ever had was dreams
Money makin mothafuckas plot scandalous schemes
In the gutter, you learn to have a criminal mind
I was addicted to tryin, never meant to do time
My epitaph will read "Was the last of Gs
Kicked the shit to make the white man bleed
God bless the dead"

God bless the dead
God bless the dead
God bless the dead

[2pac]
Man, ain't nobody promised me a thang
I been caught up in this game
Ever since I was a little motherfucka wantin to hang
I can see 'em in my head, pow
Memories of my nigga but he dead now
Lookin back in my yearbook all the years took
Half my peers, they're stretched for years
And if I die will they all shed tears
Two to the dome, leave me alone, let me get my head clear
Paranoid got me lookin in the mirror
Behind me, life without my nine, I'd rather do the time
See I'm old enough to know that ain't no justice
Fuck the police & all the courts same way they fucked us
And why the hell am I locked in jail
They let them white boys free, we be shocked as hell
In my mind I can see it comin
And all the time it's a plot to keep a nigga runnin
By keepin gun & never run unless I'm comin at ya
Cry later but for now let's enjoy the laughter
God bless the dead

[2pac:]
Rest in peace to all the motherfuckas that passed too early
All the young motherfuckas that was took in they prime
Real motherfuckin Gz, this one is for you
Yo Stretch, Biggie

[stretch]
Yo Big this is to you my nigga
Springfield Hollis crew, Thug Life, YGz
Sendin they respect, know I mean?
You my nigga for life, forever
You're always gonna be with a nigga
No matter what, don't forget that

I pray before I go to sleep
"Dear God save my place before I start to eat, cause times is hard
So I'm covered to my knees, oh why?
Why you had to take my nigga with the rock I buy?
You had to take a good one, a ghetto hood son, uzi weighin a ton
Niggas terrified of comin from the young gun
Hearin that they did it outta fear don't amaze me
But it's mind blowin, so I'm flowin goin crazy
Slip for cock the gun but he didn't run like a punk
He shoulda had the gauge in the trunk
For spunk is what he had, kid, I'd ratha attack Big
Now ya bout to smell the aftermath of what the mack did
Wannabe suckers wanna test, I'm tellin you, yes
The teflon's bout to rip through your fuckin vest
Guess who? I'll make a mess of your crew quick
The spirit Biggie Smalls and the ??? clique, yeah

God bless the dead
God bless the dead
God bless the dead
God bless the dead

Shutz
un harnic machitor

Post by Shutz »

kenshin wrote:STOP THE EASTCOAST WESTCOAST WAR!!!! :caramizi:
Sper ca asta a fost o gluma.. :) N-a fost niciodata vorba despre asa ceva, mass-media, asa cum o stim noi, in goana dupa senzational ca musca dupa ***** a transformat niste neintelegeri intre artisti/labeluri intr-un razboi intre coaste... sau sa-i spun... "inter-costal"? :lol:

Don Ice D.i.A
adevarat sa mor de nu

Post by Don Ice D.i.A »

ok, si biggie, tupac, kadafi sunt singuri care au murit nu?

Kaen Shine
Shiftee

Post by Kaen Shine »

Deocamdata :lol:
See this rap thing is all about the the bragadoccio
I check my rearview, emcees ain't gettin closer

kif
pleau
Location: Pipera-Dr.Taberei. Stiu orice straduta care le leaga. Daca fac o ora inseamna ca le stiu si altii.

Post by kif »

Don Ice D.i.A wrote:ok, si biggie, tupac, kadafi sunt singuri care au murit nu?

kadafi as in tragedy kadafi? nu prea cred...

megga
kapnobatai
Location: im so high u couldnt reach me with a fuckin antenna...

Post by megga »

tocmai mi-am luat life after death,o editie noua care include si un dvd...cat de tare poate sa fie albumul asta
O.I.P. Sanziana aka SanzEeK (05.12.1988 - 03.12.2009)

Don Ice D.i.A
adevarat sa mor de nu

Post by Don Ice D.i.A »

Moses wrote:
Don Ice D.i.A wrote:ok, si biggie, tupac, kadafi sunt singuri care au murit nu?

kadafi as in tragedy kadafi? nu prea cred...
kadafi aka Yafeu Fula aka Yaki aka de ce vorbesti degeaba?

Return to “Hip hop strain”