About this and that!

Discutii despre hip hop-ul de-afara

Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

sunrah
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

Post by sunrah »

Mobb Deep and Wu-Tang CD-ROM action

There was a brief period where Loud records wasted a bunch of cash putting out Enhanced CD's back in 1996, when the internets was still really shitty and Quicktime and Flash had recently come out. Xzibit's first album, Mobb Deep's Hell On Earth and the Wu-Tang Forever double album all got ??€?special treatment??€?, but the first two just consisted of basic things you could click your mouse on and here snippets of shit or 30 second clips of their videos, which is pretty gay by today??€�s standards, and wasn??€�t exactly mind-blowing ten years ago either. X??€�s was the worst, while at least the Mobb CD had stupid stuff liuke the project phone where you could get verbaly abused by the Hav and Prodigy, as well as finding a hidden track if you went to some website and got the code. [1] The track in question actually turned out to be a highly amusing attack on Keith Murray, covering when Murray snuffed P ??€?in front of police??€?.

Mobb Deep - In The Long Run [hidden track, Hell On Earth, Loud, 1996]

The Wu CD was much more interesting, as it actually had a little game where you had to explore the various chambers of the Wu-Tang HQ and meet all the crew in order to unlock the RZA's desk and a bunch of clips. I actually cut and pasted them all together into one clip and uploaded it to YouTube for some bizarre reason. [2] Check out how fucked-up Ol' Dirty is in his section - proving once and for all that he was the greatest rock star of our time.

Image ( <- Click! )

1. As it turns out, when you open the folder on your desktop you can just look through the ??€?source??€? folder to find all the clips and songs anyway!
2. The truth us I find it difficult to tear myself away from that place as it is, so I thought I might give back after having taken/downloaded so, so much.
you just never know when you're living in a golden age.

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Doo Wop??€�s 95 Live Part 2 - The Intro

Last year I put up the all-star intro to Doo Wop's '95 Live tape, which was a pioneering tape in the history street-level hip-hop mixes. Here??€�s the second installment, which despite not being as impressive as the original (due to patchy line-up) has still got some nice shit on it.

In case you were wondering, it features KRS-One, Treach, Keith Murray and LOD, Mobb Deep and Big Noyd, AZ, The Lost Boyz, Uneek, Boot Camp, Mad Lion, Channel Live, King Just & Buckshot.

Doo Wop - Intro ['95 Live Part 2 mixtape]

Video of the Day:

Funkmaster Flex featuring Akinyele & Sadat X - "Loud Hangover"

Image ( <- Click! )

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

bboyspdy
sub.solist

Post by bboyspdy »

A music lover's heaven. God DAMN!

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Boot Camp Clik takes THE LAST STAND

Boot Camp Clik are back with a new album titled "The Last Stand" hitting the shelves on July 18th 2006 thru the Duck Down Imprint. The Great 8 are back in full effect. You have Buckshot, Smif N Wessun, Originoo Gun Clappaz and the return of Heltah Skeltah with The Rockness Monstah and Ruck aka Sean Price. The album is sounding real positive right about now. Production is handled by some heavyhitters like Pete Rock, [Large Professor, Da Beatminerz, 9th Wonder, Ill Mind, Coptic and Marco Polo. Check out these 2 cuts, Yeah, and Trading Places. Right off the bat on "Yeah", The first thing you hear is "That's why your mother works in a sweat shop??€¦" That takes me back 10 years to some OG Boot Camp styles. The beat is knockin' with a funky soul melody and the backbone that rattles the 15's in my ride. BCC is on fire with the lyrical content on this one. On "Trading Places", BCC slows down the tempo with a haunting, dark thug beat with intricately chopped piano licks. Again, BCC rip the mic. It's like taking a trip back to the mid-90's era and these cats havent changed. You even hear the picthed up mic delivery reminiscent of tracks like "The Wiggy" from Heltah Skeltah. Im highly anticipating this album to drop. The Boot Camp Clik do not disappoint on this one.

Two songs: Yeah & Trading Places from upcoming album The Last Stand (2006, Duck Down)

sunrah

New Masta Killa [cover + tracklist]

Post by sunrah »

01. Then And Now
02. E.N.Y House
03. Brooklyn King
04. It??€�s What It Is feat. Raekwon, Ghostface
05. Nehanda & Cream
06. Iron God Chamber feat. U God, RZA, Method Man
07. Pass The Bone
08. Older Gods
09. Let??€�s Get Into Something
10. Street Corner feat. Inspectah Deck, GZA
11. Ringing Bells
12. East MC??€�s feat. Killa Sin, Free Murder
13. Lovely Lady

Produced by Pete Rock, Bronze Nazareth, PF Cuttin' & MF Doom. - Drops August 8th.

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Early Pete Rock - 1991 Source Interview

Image ( <- Click! )

This really takes me back??€¦this piece dropped just before Pete began his reign as the most in-demand producer/remixer of the moment, not to mention the impact of the Mecca & The Soul Brother LP. I wonder what happened to that D-Nice, Heavy D and Ice Cube posse cut that he mentions?

Father MC - Lisa Baby (Hip Hop Fat Mix) [twelve inch single, Uptown, 1991]

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - ??€?Mecca & The Soul Brother??€? video:

Image ( <- Click! )

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - ??€?Sprite: Obey Your Thirst??€? commercial:

Image ( <- Click! )

bboyspdy
sub.solist

Post by bboyspdy »

Siameza 1 wrote:Boot Camp Clik takes THE LAST STAND
Cine il are este rugat sa ma loveasca cu un privat.
Grav interviul cu Pete Rock! :shock:

Versatill
rapperu vostru preferat

Post by Versatill »

whigguh wrote:
Siameza 1 wrote:Boot Camp Clik takes THE LAST STAND
Cine il are este rugat sa ma loveasca cu un privat.
Grav interviul cu Pete Rock! :shock:
...same here pls! :*

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

?uestlove interview (Malik B back with The Roots!! YEAHHH)

The ??€?Game Theory??€? is defined as "An agent or person who is faced with a set of moves he can play and will form a strategy, to best respond to his environment." Nobel Peace Prize-winning mathematician John Nash, the subject of the film A Beautiful Mind, developed this theory to calculate an actual formula to winning and losing. Amir "Questlove" Thompson and The Roots are poised to release their next album entitled The Game Theory demonstrating how they have always stood the test of time, musically cultivating every album to best respond to the current climate in Hip-Hop like a barometer foretelling of turbulent conditions. Questlove affirms, "For me, it??€�s important that the title of each Roots album embodies what we're going through at the time, what Hip-Hop is going through, and what the world is going through??€¦ As for The Game Theory, someone's gonna win and someone's gonna lose." The Roots don??€�t seem to be losers, and they certainly aren??€�t on a losing team. Aligned with Hova, the group retains their constant goals, as Questlove changes the production technique for their first Def Jam release. With Malik B back in the lineup and a point to prove, The Roots have the fertilizer to grow now more than ever.

There??€�s an energy around this album, as if you??€�re finally getting your due respect in Hip-Hop, I don??€�t know if you agree or not. What makes this album different from the rest, I know a lot has occurred between now and The Tipping Point that might have developed the energy behind this album.

Questlove: I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that we actually have lasted for that long of period. But more than that, it??€�s kinda hard to tell with today??€�s marketplace, especially with the sound that we??€�re traditionally associated with.

There??€�s always a pressure to stay current in the marketplace, we were always in control of our artistic vision. The last album [The Tipping Point] we kind of let our fear get the best of us. Because we just didn??€�t have a feel for what Jimmy Iovine (at Geffen/Interscope) liked and didn??€�t like. The fact that (Jimmy) is the same guy that controls around 15 or 16 platinum acts, someone is going to get neglected if you don??€�t set a fire or raise a stinker. That was the first and last time we took the approach of doing a ??€?please the president??€? album.

I figured now with Jay-Z this would be the time you would do a ??€?please the president??€? album.

Questlove: Yeah, but Jay already made it clear that he ain't havin' that. The first thing on his mind is that ??€?I don??€�t want to be the big bad wolf that killed The Roots.??€?

There are a lot of people both nervous and anxious at the same time about your move to Def Jam.

Questlove: Well I think a lot of people see the move to Def Jam as, ??€?Oh man y??€�all ??€?bout to cash in, y??€�all with Hov, it??€�s over!??€? Fans already throwing diamonds in the air, but it??€�s far from it. Number one, he??€�s not on the album, we didn??€�t want him on the album. I think its important that we coast that line and not get over excited like ??€?Yay Hov, we??€�re finally gonna make it,??€? that??€�s when you start to fall off, when you start having these expectations and setting those marks for yourself that aren??€�t going to happen. I expect this album to follow the same trail, and the same potholes that we??€�ve encountered throughout our career. I??€�m still very much in the knowledge that we are a very hard group to swallow for mainstream America. Just because we??€�re on Def Jam, the world??€�s most popular Hip-Hop figure, doesn??€�t mean it??€�s going to be smooth sailing.

Yeah, I viewed it as your greatest opportunity is also your greatest challenge. Your albums are usually a reflection of the times, are you going to do anything different this time around to fit into this marginalized Hip-Hop market? Are we going to see you sitting on 24??€�s or Hub snappin??€�?

Questlove: This is the thing; this is why I??€�m mad at snappin??€� only because I view it more as a culture thing with snap music but that is one of my signature sounds. If anyone knows my production, they know that I??€�ve always used handclaps and snappin??€�. But no, there is no snappin??€� on this record. The direction of an album just follows what album came before it and how many times we had to perform set songs on stage. We??€�re one of the rare acts in Hip-Hop that have to perform these songs 200 times the previous year. By that point you??€�re usually trying to get away from that previous sound as much as possible. I??€�m the type of producer that makes a laundry list of things we haven??€�t done yet. With this album and just personally, I think of what ways can I make the drums speak this time. The whole idea of me doing the minimum drum kit that I??€�m known for of just kick, snare, high hat - that??€�s over. This is the first time I??€�ve played with like a ten- 13-piece drum set, tom toms, other symbols. I wanted more rhythmic percussion sound with this album, it gave me different textures and colors to deal with. This is still a very dark album.

I??€�ve always viewed the song ??€?Water??€? off the Phrenology album as a turning point for the group. It showed a side of the group and Black Thought that was more personal and opening up emotionally on a record, something that was rarely seen before this record.

Questlove: I??€�m glad someone recognized that, and not just the chaotic noise. Well number one, Malik B. is back??€¦ :bow:

Really?

Questlove: Yeah that??€�s the surprise.

There are a lot of fans that are dying to hear Malik back on a Roots record.

Questlove: Malik is the heart of The Roots. The balance of Tariq [Black Thought] and Malik was definitely based on Tariq being the more virtuoso MC, the battle MC - his style is impeccable. Malik was the heart of the group. If you actually take time to listen to what Malik says, he??€�ll say some ill s**t about how f**ked up his life is.

In my opinion, Black Thought should be on everyone??€�s Top 10 or Top 5 list.

Questlove: Believe it or not, I do random Google searches to see what people thought of the first single and their like ??€?he??€�s lackluster, he doesn??€�t have charisma.??€? I don??€�t think charisma is a good judgment, a real MC chooses his words carefully. I??€�m saying for the record that this is definitely Tariq??€�s heaviest hitting record, as far as his lyrics are concerned. He made a complete growth and a lot of people mistaken that for "blahzayness." He??€�s not animated on this record, he??€�s very serious, he??€�s not minstrel, he??€�s not coonin??€�??€¦

You know the first time I??€�ve ever heard Eve or Beanie Sigel was actually on a Roots record. A lot of people still don??€�t realize that Scott Storch has been down with y??€�all since the beginning. Does it bother you that people that you have put on have gone on to reach greater levels of mainstream success than the group itself?

Questlove: I find it ironic, there??€�s an ongoing joke that the women that we are no longer with from the Do You Want More?!!!??! era have all performed some sort of hex on the group. They??€�re off somewhere in West Philly with dolls and pins in our hearts. Scott has a 12 million dollar yacht and my cable just got cut off. Nah, I mean it??€�s just the nature of what it is. It really depends on what you measure as success. I??€�ll be very honest with you, there are times when I??€�m like ??€?Goddamn, what the hell did I do to deserve this? Why can??€�t I catch a break?!??€? But then again not many Hip-Hop artists can say, ??€?This is my ninth great record.??€? I don??€�t feel as though we??€�ve reached our peak yet, I still feel like there is still genuine interest in the group, that to me is much more important. I never thought back in 1992 that in 2009 I??€�d still be doing it and enjoying the perks of having a good job.

Do you feel even amongst a marginalized market with all the leanin' and rockin' and snappin', that very quietly there is a resurgence going on with the Native Tongue movement?

Questlove: To be honest, no. I??€�m still close with Common, Kweli and Mos, but clearly a tsunami has occurred on our property. I understand cats gotta run for cover. Making sure your daughter has clothes for school and a secure home, that??€�s some real s**t so you gotta do what you gotta do. I actually do see the native tongue thing occurring, but I see it with it SaRa, who??€�s signed with Kanye and this other group J.Davey. Those two, I see as part of the next Native Tongue movement, not to say that we won??€�t still be a close knit crew, but the Native Tongues have kind of drifted apart. Mos is doing his thing with his movie career, Common is on the GOOD Music side of things - we??€�ll still do s**t together. But the idea of jam sessions together, I see how the original Native Tongues just got older, but that was the time period.

That??€�s always been the dichotomy in Hip-Hop, one side has to exist for the other to work.

sunrah

Jurassic 5 : Feedback // Wai................where s the cut.

Post by sunrah »

Image ( <- Click! )

01. Back 4 You [03:17]
02. Radio [03:51]
03. Brown Girl [03:44]
04. Gotta Understand [03:47]
05. I The House [04:54]
06. Baby Please [03:26]
07. Work It Out [03:52]
08. Where We At [03:00]
09. Get It Together [03:33]
10. Future Sound [03:12]
11. J.Resume - S*** [00:38]
12. Red Hot [03:43]
13. Turn It Out [03:18]
14. End Up Like This [03:57]
15. Canto De Ossanha [04:19]

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Like a beautiful flower, nu ma satur de el, superb album! Carlos Ni?±o and Fabian Ammon have long been fulcrums of LA Black music, perfectly poised between the jazz crowd centered around Dwight Trible and classic group's like the Army of Healers and Build An Ark, the underground hip hop scene which grew from the Good Life and Project Blowed collectives and the heavy soul-beat sound of the likes of Sa Ra and Madlib.

"With Voices" is the album that Ammoncontact have been waiting to make - the point where the duo's own loping, deep production style could be melded, as the title has it, with the voices around them. The results are scinitillating, a hip hop album bursting with spirituality and positivity and a unique ambience.

The guests that Carlos and Fabian have brought together sound impressive enough on paper. From the jazz scene come the legendary Yusef Lateef, Kamau Daaood (a writer and performer who turned down the opportunity to join the Last Poets in the late sixties, preferring to build something in his own community) and, of course, Dwight Trible, for whom Carlos was instrumental in putting together the "Love Is The Answer" album.
From hip hop, they bring together long-time collaborator Lil Sci (Scienz of Life and MF Doom cohort), Abstract Rude (Project Blowed and Big Dada), Sach (formerly of seminal LA group The Nonce), Prince Po (one half of the mighty Organised Konfusion) and the Dark Sun Rider himself, Brother J (leader of X Clan)................ In addition, Cut Chemist adds some cuts to the X Clan man's "Drum Riders". And to round out the mix, there are constributions from Daedelus and Mia Doi Todd, who could be said to represent the more esoteric side of the music which has grown around the lynchpins.

But to list the names is one thing. To hear them bouncing off one another is something else again. Check Lateef, Trible and Prince Po on "Beautiful Flowers", Brother J's booming voice on "Drum Riders", Lil Sci's drawled attack on the title track, Sach's ATP-esque abstract rhythmatics on "Into 777" or Ab Rude's jazzy freestyle verbalistics on "Worth It." In fact, check any of the tracks. :lol:

Nothing is forced here, nothing out of place. The guests all add to a feeling of unification which is rare on "producer" albums. This is Ammoncontact's masterpiece, a record which at heart grows from their love of music and love of a city and is all about just that - heart. And a little bit of soul??€¦

iLL:WiLL
jazzhopsoul

Post by iLL:WiLL »

Mr. Lif "The Fries" Remix Contest
Win a Gemini CDT-05 Hybrid Turntables and more!

Definitive Jux Records, Gemini, Sandbox Automatic and IndieVirus bring you the official MR. LIF ??€?THE FRIES??€? REMIX CONTEST. Download the acapella for ??€?the Fries,??€? cook up a dope, original remix, and you could win a brand-spanking new Gemini CDT-05 Hybrid Turntable, a $100 gift certificate to Sandbox Automatic, one of five autographed, limited edition 7??€? vinyl ??€?The Fries??€? singles from Def Jux, and more. Download the vocals below and get to work. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 31st. See below for more information on prizes, rules and submission details. See submission guidelines below.

FIRST PRIZE:
1. One (1) Gemini CDT-05 Hybrid Turntable
2. Featured download on Definitive Jux and IndieVirus websites

SECOND PRIZE:
$100 gift certificate to Sandbox Automatic

RUNNER-UP (FIVE WINNERS):
Autographed, limited edition 7??€? vinyl ??€?The Fries??€? single

Mr. Lif - The Fries Accapella

Visit the Gemini Website to learn more.

iLL:WiLL
jazzhopsoul

Post by iLL:WiLL »

Sun|Rah wrote:Boot Camp Clik takes THE LAST STAND

Boot Camp Clik are back with a new album titled "The Last Stand" hitting the shelves on July 18th 2006 thru the Duck Down Imprint. The Great 8 are back in full effect. You have Buckshot, Smif N Wessun, Originoo Gun Clappaz and the return of Heltah Skeltah with The Rockness Monstah and Ruck aka Sean Price. The album is sounding real positive right about now. Production is handled by some heavyhitters like Pete Rock, [Large Professor, Da Beatminerz, 9th Wonder, Ill Mind, Coptic and Marco Polo. Check out these 2 cuts, Yeah, and Trading Places. Right off the bat on "Yeah", The first thing you hear is "That's why your mother works in a sweat shop??€¦" That takes me back 10 years to some OG Boot Camp styles. The beat is knockin' with a funky soul melody and the backbone that rattles the 15's in my ride. BCC is on fire with the lyrical content on this one. On "Trading Places", BCC slows down the tempo with a haunting, dark thug beat with intricately chopped piano licks. Again, BCC rip the mic. It's like taking a trip back to the mid-90's era and these cats havent changed. You even hear the picthed up mic delivery reminiscent of tracks like "The Wiggy" from Heltah Skeltah. Im highly anticipating this album to drop. The Boot Camp Clik do not disappoint on this one.

Two songs: Yeah & Trading Places from upcoming album The Last Stand (2006, Duck Down)
Mod Edit: Am sters ce era de sters, daca binevoiesti a le trimite un MP doritorilor, ar fi cat se poate de apreciabil.

Return to “Hip hop strain”