Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

Deena
La Cosa Nostra
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

APATHY INTERVIEW

Post by Deena »

APATHY INTERVIEW BY BRIAN KAYSER

First off, what's good Ap?

Nuthin much mang...just on the daily grind. Getting ready to do a little mini tour in Australia, workin' on both albums (indy and major), and workin??€� on crew
projects.

You picked a lot of interesting beats on the mixtape, what kind of a vibe were you going for?

For the mixtape, I just wanted to show people what I could do. And that's literally anything. Any flow, any style of beat, and I had fun doin it. I did shit I was feeling, and used beats and songs that I loved. I am real happy with the way the mixtape came out...for a mixtape anyway. It's nothing like what my albums sound like
though.

What's up with the album?

I'm actually doing two. An indy album "Eastern Philosophy" and my Atlantic album "Bearer of Bad News". Basically Eastern Philosophy is pretty much done. I'm just waiting to finish up a couple last minute guest appearances, (who will go unnamed until their songs are recorded and mixed) and then Chum and I just have to mix the shit.

The Atlantic album I pretty much started over, from scratch. I'm being a little crazy with this album. I'm a perfectionist, and I want the right shit to come out. I can't just do some typical club shit, and I can't do the underground shit I've been doing for years. Something new has to come out. That??€�s why it's taking so long. We're trying to find a healthy balance of something that has my artistic integrity, but is still commercially viable. It's a crazy process.

Do you regret signing to a major?

Hell no. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. Nothing is wrong...but me, and my problem with being a perfectionist. The label gives me attention. They stay on me about my project. I just have to do whats right for me and them to sell records.

How has signing helped you, and how has it hurt you?

I don??€�t think it's hurt me at all. It's helped me, by giving me the opportunity to reach millions and millions of people with my music. It's giving the chance to be successful, on a huge scale that I've always dreamed of. It's teaching me a lot about the business aspect of really selling records. I live the culture, I live the music...now I'm learning the business aspect of it.

Who have you been working with lately?

I've been working mostly by myself, with the Demigodz, and with my DJ, Chum The Skrilla Guerilla. I'm finishing the indy album on the side of working on my Atlantic project. There is some other enormous multi-platinum names I??€�m about to work with, but I don??€�t wanna name drop, until its actually happening.

What's Celph-Titled been up to lately?

He actually just left my crib. We've been working on a ton of shit. He's doing an EP soon. He was also just recording for an album, with J-Zone and himself. He recorded for my album, Motive's album, been workin with Styles of Beyond, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, and the AOTP album. He's doin tons of shit.

You got the Demigodz on the mixtape of course, what's new with the crew?

Everyone is workin on albums. Me, Celph, Styles of Beyond (which is comin out amazing), Motive (his first debut The Art Of Doe Rakin', will be classic), Rise, Spin 4th...everyone is workin on shit.

The Demigodz and Eastern Conference were beefing a couple of summer ago, what is it that caused the beef?

I don??€�t know...dudes talkin slick...It was corny. Got way more shine than it should have. It wasn??€�t even serious. It was some corny ass shit. That wasn't beef.

Where do you stand now with that whole situation?

The only time I think about it, is when people ask me that question in an interview. I really never think about it.

Looking at the underground, who would you say is the next to blow?

There's a lotta ill cats right now. Of course i'm gonna be biased and say my crew. Styles of Beyond are about to be involved in some REAL BIG SHIT, watch for that. My man Motive's album is comin out CRAZY! Kids are gonna love it. Emilio Lopez is a beast, this kid writes and does more than anyone I know. My homie Poison Pen is a beast, that muthafucker needs a major label deal. There's a lotta cats. Jean Grae is amazing too... I wanna see her on the level of the next Nas??€¦Meaning??€¦major label sales and critical acclaim. She's real ill.

When can we expect your album to drop?

Eastern Philosophy will be dropping this summer. Bearer of Bad News is still tentative.

Who will be on your major-label debut?

Demigodz??€¦I don??€�t know about guest appearances...I'll see when I'm almost done with the album.

When will there be an official Demigodz album?

(Laughs)??€¦Who knows??€¦that will be a very lengthy and involved process??€¦I'd love to see it though??€¦Hopefully soon.

Any last words?

Respect each other.
One!

P.S. Nu este un interviu recent, dar pt cine este interesat. . . :wink:

Chill Will
the funky man

Post by Chill Will »

I LOVE YOU DEENA!!!

DEEEMIIIIIIGGGOOOOOOODDDDZZZZZZZ BAAAAABYYYYYYYYY....
http://listen.radionomy.com/classic-rap.m3u Classic Rap radio 24/7 - 101% dopeness

Return to “Hip hop strain”