NEWS

Discutii despre hip hop-ul de-afara

Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

Bazooka Joe
trendy guy
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

NEWS

Post by Bazooka Joe »

Aici vor fi plasate de catre voi stirile in engleza preluate de pe alte site-uri
Last edited by Bazooka Joe on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
muie copos

Bazooka Joe
trendy guy

Post by Bazooka Joe »

11.mai.2005 ..:: Babygrande will be premiering Jus Allah's second single, Pool of Blood featuring the GZA/Genius of Wu-Tang some time later this week.

coperta de la 12":
muie copos

arigo
Personal Journalist

Post by arigo »

Alchemist Becomes Eminem??€�s New DJ

Eminem has a new DJ and Green Lanterns replacement is a familiar face to Hip-Hop.

The Alchemist, normally affiliated with Mobb Deep, has accepted a position with Em as his new in-house spin doctor.

DJ Green Lantern, Eminem??€�s former DJ, voluntarily left Shady Records after a conversation with 50 Cent adversary Jadakiss was unknowingly taped in a conversation about the pair??€�s beef.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Busta Rhymes

Post by Deena »

Busta Rhymes is currently in the studio recording his new album, The Big Bang, due in stores July 19.Besides Dr. Dre, production will be handled by Scott Storch, Cool & Dre and Timbaland.
And although there's no confirmed first single just yet, the leaked "Hurt Sumthin" may end up being the first release.

Meanwhile, the gruff-voiced rapper recently teamed up with soul legend Stevie Wonder and director Paul Hunter on the video for Wonder's current single, "So What the Fuss," from his forthcoming album, A Time to Love. Busta recorded an audio track for the clip that serves as narration for the blind (see "Busta Rhymes Narrates Stevie Wonder Video For Blind Fans").

Bazooka Joe
trendy guy

Post by Bazooka Joe »

Urban Box Office (UBO) has signed Luke Campbell to its newly formed hip hop label, Insurgent Records. The former front man of 2 Live Crew, Campbell is UBO's newest FREEDOM artist. Campbell's first project Luke Campbell's Soup for the Freaky Soul: The Sexploits of Uncle Luke is a four-disc set consisting of a two-disc audio book of choice autobiographical moments, compilation soundtrack CD and a DVD featuring stimulating footage of his notorious Luke Girls. Set To Drop In Fall 2005
muie copos

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Wu-Tang Clan member GZA takes off on a limited East Coast Spring 2005 concert series in preparation of his new album, The GZA Presents.

GZA aka Genius will be taking over the stage for a limited series of dates to promote his highly anticipated Koch/ Babygrande Records debut album. The Babygrande premier LP, tentatively entitled The GZA Presents, is expected to drop in the latter part of 2005. The album will definitely feature classic Wu-Tang collaborations.

Genius will be joined on his Spring '05 East Coast exclusive concert series by the likes of raw underground emcees such as J-Live, Vast Aire and C-Rayz Walz.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

After appearing in countless film festivals, Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme is scheduled to hit stores via DVD later this month.

Twelve years in the making, the documentary chronicles the history of freestyling and shows the similarities between improvisational rhyming and poetry while today's emcees are compared to the griots (storytellers) of West Africa. The flick also highlights freestyling's social impact, explores it as a spiritual and community-based art form and features classic battles by freestyle legends.

Directed by co-founder of the Center for Hip-Hop Education, Kevin Fitzgerald aka DJ Organic, the film features appearances by Black Thought and ?uestlove of The Roots, Mos Def, Supernatural, Wordsworth, Craig G, MC Juice and the Last Poets among others.

Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme hits stores May 24.

arigo
Personal Journalist

Post by arigo »

Mixtape Awards Founder Justo Faison Dies In Car Accident

Tragically, Justo Faison, founder of the popular Mixtape Awards, was killed in a car crash either yesterday or very early Saturday morning (May 14).

Faison founded the popular Mixtape Awards in 1996 and helped shine light on and reward a previously unrecognized component of the music business - the mixtape.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

DJ Kurupt, coined the Master Jedi, penned King Kurupt was and is a vital part of the mixtape music movement! Notorious for exclusive blend tapes that splash overseas, DJ Kurupt tackles the hustle further by launching his own tour to find talent worth buzzing about while branding the King Kurupt icon. Throughout his journey through southern terrains King Kurupt will brand his upcoming album which features key hip hop artists as-well-as unsigned talent. He plugs Allhiphop.com to the days of his come up, his hustle for success, and what truly makes a DJ like him just that official.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

AFu-Ra Preps New Album, Launches Label

Post by Deena »

Gang Starr affiliate Afu Ru is preparing his third album, State of the Arts.

Afu said that his latest release is more diverse and more reflective of his musical tastes.

"With this album I took a firmer direction musically in the way I wanted this album to go" Afu-Ra told AllHipHop.com. "This album is Hip-Hop influenced with a lot of diverse beats as far s rock and reggae. With this album I feel closer to who I am as a person through music than I did with my previous albums."

State of the Arts is the first record of Afu Ra to be put out on his label Life Force Records which is distributed through Decon.

"I feel great about my partnership with Decon because now as opposed to being an artist, I am a partner," Afu said. "I own my own masters and I don't have to worry about recouping out of my royalties and stuff to pay the label back. In the end it just all works out better for me."

State of the Arts features collaborations with artists like Royce Da 5'9, Masta Killa, Kardinal Offishall and Gentlemen.

Afu also reunites with DJ Premier on the track "Sucka Free" to show that the Gang Starr crew is still in effect.

A side from working on his third album and starting a label, Afu-Ra is also currently working on an upcoming Perverted Monks project.

"We are definitely working on a follow up to our debut [Afu-Ra Presents Perverted Monks] from last year," Afu said. "This album is going to show case our sound, which is perverted without being raunchy. We are like an intellectual version of the 2 Live Crew."

Afu-Ra is also set to embark on a tour of the United States with Inspektah Deck and Planet Asia.

State of the Arts is slated to drop on June 14th.
Listed below are tour dates, for more information log on to www.afu-ra.com.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Redman to Drop Album July 19th

Post by Deena »

Redman to Drop Album July 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Led by the brand new single ??€?Gillahouse Check??€? ,Reggie Noble??€�s album Red Gone Wild, is set to drop July 19th.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

RZA Talks 'Wu-Tang Manual,' Possible Follow Up

Post by Deena »

Wu Tang Clan leader The RZA recently discussed his venture into the book world, with the release of his book "The Wu-Tang Manual."

The book is RZA??€�s first written work and contains his thoughts, a dictionary containing ??€?Wu Slang,??€? a section devoted to an analysis of Wu Tang??€�s lyrics, never-before-seen photos of the group and other offerings.

RZA said he was pleased with the results of the first book and hinted that a follow-up was in the works.

??€?I can't tell you when the second part is coming out,??€? RZA said. ??€?We're keeping that a secret for the moment."

RZA, who is currently in the studio recording a new album with Method Man, said the response to the book was overwhelming.
??€?I have little kids come up to me saying [The Wu-Tang Manual] changed their lives and perspectives on life,??€? RZA said.

According to RZA, more people have shown up for his in-store booking signing than for album releases. ??€?One girl came up to me and said she had bought ten copies of the book and gave it away to all her girlfriends to read,??€? RZA

In related news, RZA and Busta Rhymes are overseeing the production of Raekwon??€�s highly anticipated release, Only Built For Cuban Linx 2.

Blu
trendi fensi cul

Post by Blu »

redman scoate album de ziua mea :mrgreen:
esti penal

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Sway and King Tech Take It Back to Basics

Post by Deena »

MTV??€�s Sway and King Tech take it Back to Basics through the release of their album which hits stores May 24th.
The radio personalities have long played the role of talent scouts through The Wake Up Show, which has such featured artists as the Wu-Tang Clan, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., KRS One and others.

The album titled, Sway and King Tech Present Back 2 Basics will feature undiscovered legends of Hip-Hop music according to Tech and Sway. The album boasts artists with pure talent and lyrical genius in addition to conscious messages.

"The title Back 2 Basics is us going back to an era where the lyrics came first," King Tech explains. "I wanted to go get guys that are hungry, that still have the talent, that are up and coming or just on a veteran level??€?
Insightful tracks such as "Don't Think So," By West Coast artist Kam and a cut by freestyle legend Juice are featured in the album??€�s showcase.

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

you just never know when you're living in a golden age.

Return to “Hip hop strain”