NEWS

Discutii despre hip hop-ul de-afara

Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

Chill Will
the funky man
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

Post by Chill Will »

Mobb Deep&M.O.P. la G-Unit Records? :roll: :( :|
http://listen.radionomy.com/classic-rap.m3u Classic Rap radio 24/7 - 101% dopeness

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Sage Francis & Nas Peform Together
May 24, 2005

This July 30 in San Bernardino, Rock The Bells hip-hop festival will host CMJ Chart favorites Sage Francis, Heiroglyphics, Living Legends and Oh No as well as mainstream microphone wreckers Nas, Redman, Ghostface, Raekwon and Guru in one block-rocking beatfest. The show's lineup will also feature DJ Muggs (Cypress Hill), Non Phixion, MED, Percee-P, Q-Bert, Cut Chemist, Supernatural and the Visionaries. Though the Rock The Bells festival is quite a bit younger than the 1986 LL Cool J song it takes its name from, this Left Coast festival has already secured its place in history by being the last show to host the Wu-Tang in their entirety. This year the attendees, be they backpackers, b-boys, gangstas, hot boys or rastas, will have to agree to disagree about what "real hip-hop" is and remember they are one nation under a groove. Word to George Clinton.

Tickets for Rock The Bells, July 30th at the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino go on sale through Ticketmaster on Tuesday, June 3. Tickets prices are $30 for pre-sale (May 27-29), $35 on-sale (May 30-June 17), $40 (June 18-July 29), $40 day of show (July 30), and $85 for VIP.

www.rockthebells.net

uuuuuu wweeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen:

ps: m`am imbolnavit :cry: vreau si eu :cry:
you just never know when you're living in a golden age.

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Roc's Young Guru & Gangstarr's Guru Clash Over Name
By Houston Williams
Date: 5/24/2005 8:00 pm

Gimmel "Young Guru" Keaton, A&R for Roc-A-Fella Records, is regarded as one of the best engineers in the business, but he never thought that he'd be the subject of a friction in Hip-Hop.

However, rapper Guru of the legendary Gangstarr has taken exception to Keaton's moniker.

"There is no disrespect to [Guru]. I big up that dude and it's really not a problem," Keaton told AllHipHop.com. "I've spoke to a lot of people about it and they are like 'Leave it alone, but I just want duke to know that there ain't no animosity. I don't know where it's coming from. I been a fan since Gangstarr came out and that's what makes me what to reach out to duke and correct it. If it can't be corrected, then so be it."

Gangstarr's Guru is a rap veteran whose career stretches into the 1980's and he stated that alone is just cause for the younger guru to change his handle.

The first single off his upcoming album, Guru: Version 7.0, has harsh words for Keaton.

"When [his name] first caught our ears, we were like, 'Huh?' We tried to reach out and no one got back to us. Then we started seeing more and more articles on him. First of all, my name ain't up for sale. You are not going to write me out of history," Guru told MTV News. "You wouldn't hear anybody say 'Young Grandmaster Flash' or 'Young Kool Herc.' There's rules in hip-hop ??€� that's what's being addressed in the song. It's as real as real can get."

Young Guru, who works behind the scenes with Freeway, Jay-Z, Memphis Bleek and Juelz Santana, countered saying that he's simply a fan and isn't interested in any sort of rap beef.

"For the record, DJ Premier is my favorite producer of all-time and Gangstarr is one of my favorite groups. I don't have no problem with dude and I don't know where it came from. I just want people to know I've been DJing since '87 under that name," the Wilmington, Delaware native said. "I'm not a rapper. I'm not a threat to [Guru]. I'm just
an engineer. I really wish nobody knew my name."

Despite upcoming disses, Young Guru said that he's going to stand firm by his assertion that he's going to maintain his moniker.

"At the end of the day, I'm not going to change my name."

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Sway & Tech-"Back to basics" cd+dvd

May 24 Preorder. The legendary Wake Up Show duo returns with a 'Back 2 Basics' approach on their latest compilation album. All new music featuring Chino XL, Royce 5'9, Common, Kam, Sly Boogie, Canibus, Crooked I, Juice, DJ Revolution, Self Scientific, DJ Premier, Kwame, Supa Dave West, Jake One, and more. This is true hip-hop lyricism at it's finest. Album includes a 2-hour bonus DVD, including behind the scenes footage from the Wake Up Show

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Justus League/ 9th Wonder "National mayhem" limite

Post by Deena »

Starting the buzz with last year's 'Triple Play' CD, the Justus League dispatches two of it's fastest rising stars, L.E.G.A.C.Y. and The Away Team, in a special limited edition 5000 copies pressed, triple CD set wrapped up the special 'National Mayhem' sleeve, for only $17. Included in the new 6Hole Records/Hall Of Justus Music release are the following three discs:

DISC ONE - L.E.G.A.C.Y. - 'Project Mayhem ' - The debut from longtime Justus League solo emcee, as heard on several Justus League and related North Carolina projects such as 'NC State of Mind', Big Pooh's 'Sleepers' and Splash's 'The Ripple Effect'. 19 tracks, produced by 9th Wonder & Khrysis, with additional guest shots from Median, Phonte of Little Brother, Joe Scudda, Chaundon, and Kiesha Shontelle. Includes 'I'm A Star', as heard on this month's Preemptive Hype.

DISC TWO - The Away Team - 'National Anthem' - Partnership from Sean Boog and Khysis materializes into a full-length release, after setting the stage on the 'Triple Play' disc. 18 tracks produced by longtime Justus League producer Khrysis, with guest shots from Smif N Wesson, Joe Scudda, Phonte & Big Pooh of Little Brother, and Chaundon.

DISC THREE - 9th Wonder - 'Mr. Dream Merchant' - Limited edition bonus disc packaged with the others is included only with the first 5000 copies of the album. Includes 16 original 9th Wonder productions unearthed from the vaults of the famed producer. Never heard before collaborations with L.E.G.A.C.Y, Big Pooh, Median, Phonte, Chaundon, Defcon, Ceasar Comanche, and more.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

DJ PREMIER & MR. THING - 'KINGS OF HIP-HOP' - 2CD / 2LP-A / 2LP-B

'Kings Of Hip-Hop, the third release in the 'Kings of ??€¦' series, is a two part journey; CD 1 mixed by DJ Premier voyages into the music that helped 'shape' hip-hop into what it has become, and CD 2 mixed by Mr. Thing is a collection of ground-breaking hip-hop tracks. DJ Premier, of the legendary Gang Starr outfit, is one of hip-hop??€�s most renowned beat makers. Hailing from Brooklyn NY, this master producer has laid tracks for some of the East Coast??€�s most significant hip-hop albums, such as Nas' Illmatic, the Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready to Die, Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt, Jeru the Damaja's The Sun Rises in the East, and Mos Def's Black on Both Sides. Premier??€�s mix, CD 1, will consist of tracks that have directly shaped hip-hop, as we know it today. On CD 2, Mr. Thing, World DMC team champion of 1999, and individual UK champion of 2000, brings us a mix of pioneering hip-hop sounds. It features tracks from a range of talent such as ODB, Das EFX, Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul and many others. Kings of Hip-Hop is about the true old school flavor of hip-hop, the fun, the party ??€� ear candy for the mind, the body and the soul.'

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Escobar wrote:Mobb Deep&M.O.P. la G-Unit Records? :roll: :( :|
aaiii :mrgreen:

M.O.P. will always do M.O.P. no matter where they at. period...
As for Mobb Deep well they are not what they used to be but they still iiight ...
Now as far as eye know they both are in negotiations still but looks like Mobb Deep will sign first, M.O.P. is still thinkin about it...
regardless M.O.P. needs some muscle behind them to break thru so if 50 signs em they should be iight .....

:roll: ......i can`t understand why .....

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Hiprocksoulja's what's hapnin'! 05.19.05

The 4th Avenue Jones' recorded a live session for SONY CONNECT yesterday at the Sony studios in Santa Monica, CA. Go to www.connect.com and check out some past performances by other great bands. The 4th Avenue performance should be available in about a month and some change. It takes a minute to mix the tracks and get everything ready to post. Also want to let you lovely folks know that we are getting a bunch of traffic on our Myspace page and we love it. Ahmad Jones has a new blog up now and fans of the band are staying in touch with the Jones and each other on the page. The bands "FRESH" new STEREO album is selling really well on word of mouth only and we are super excited!!!

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

mai unpik! :wink:

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Jus Allah(JMT)-All fates have changed

Post by Deena »

June 7 Preorder. As an original member of Jedi Mind Tricks - one that was present for arguably their best album, Violent By Design, Jus Allah broke from the group after internal beefs disassembled the crew. While he was not present for "Visions of Ghandi" or "Legacy of Blood", the crew reconciled late last year and are "committed to making music again", including on the upcoming Army Of The Pharoahes' album, "The Torture Papers". But first, Jus delivers his debut solo album "All Fates Have Changed", courtesy of Babygrande (also home to JMT). The new album is produced by Agallah, with high-profile guest shots from GZA/Genius, Lord Jamar of Brand Nubian, Bomshot, Shabazz The Disciple, Evil Dead, Chief Kamachi, T-Ruckus, and Virtuoso.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

DJ Shadow-"Endtroducing: Deluxe edition"2cd

Post by Deena »

DJ Shadow -"Endtroducing: Deluxe edition"2cd

June 7 Preorder. Seminal instrumentalist hip-hop release that birthed the career of DJ Shadow returns. The certified @@@@@ classic is "re-endtroduced" almost ten years after it's release in a ridiculously lush 8-panel digipack and plastic O-Sleeve with new photos and images, liner notes and detailed songography written by DJ Shadow himself, plus an essay by noted author Eliot Wilder. As an added bonus this new version is packaged with the "Excessive Ephemera" bonus CD, which includes 14 "demos, ideas and remixes", previously unreleased, hard to find , or never before available on CD before. This is must have, essential material for all fans of Shadow.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Talib Kweli:"The Beautiful Mixtape Vol. 2: The Struggle Continues"

Earlier this year, HHSite.Com brought in Talib Kweli's 'Beautiful Mix CD Vol. 1', which became one of the best selling releases of it's kind, selling thousands of copies on this website alone. This brand new disc includes 18 brand new Talib Kweli tracks not included on 'The Beautiful Mix CD Vol. One' or 'The Beautiful Struggle', including tons of star-studded guest appearances, including Common, Blackstar, David Banner, Ludacris, The Game, DJ Kay Slay, Kardinal Offishal, Planet Asia, Jae Hood, Musiq, Wordsworth, Phil Da Agony, Hi-Tek, Snoop Dogg, Ghostface, Dante, Krondon, Dead Prez, Jean Grae, Saigon, Killa Mike, and Midi Mafia!!

1. "Kayslay Intro"
2. "The Struggle Continues" David Banner/Common
3. "What It Is (Blackstar)"
4. "It's Like That" Game, The/Ludacris
5. "Murderous" (feat. Kardinal Offishall)
6. "Teef's Theme" Planet Asia/Jae Hood
7. "So Good" (feat. Wordsworth/Musiq)
8. "For The City" Phil Da Agony (feat. Talib Kweli)
9. "Hi Tek Tone"
10. "On My Way" Hi-Tek (feat. Talib Kweli/Snoop Dogg)
11. "So Hood" (feat. Ghostface Killah)
12. "The Government" (feat. Donte/M-1)
13. "Speak Clearly" (feat. Jean Grae/Krondon)
14. "My Mamma Said" (feat. Sticman)
15. "Slap Niggas" (feat. Saigon)
16. "Tryin' To Breathe" (feat. Midi Mafia/Killer Mike)
17. "Mos Def Speaks"
18. "Supreme Supreme (Blackstar)"

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Afu-Ra

Eu astept "State of the Arts" care apare pe 14 iunie :oops:
Prima aparitie a propriului sau label "Life Force Records"
Despre colaborarea cu Decon Afu-Ra spune urmatoarele:
"I feel great about my partnership with Decon because now as opposed to being an artist, I am a partner. I own my own masters and I don't have to worry about recouping out of my royalties and stuff to pay the label back. In the end it just all works out better for me."
Are feautering`uri cu Royce Da 5'9, Masta Killa, Kardinal Offishall, Gentlemen, chiar si cu Dj Premier pe trackul "Sucka Free"
Momentan Afu-Ra lucreaza la un nou "Perverted Monks"-Album care va aparea tot anul acesta.
"We are definitely working on a follow up to our debut [Afu-Ra Presents Perverted Monks] from last year. This album is going to show case our sound, which is perverted without being raunchy. We are like an intellectual version of the 2 Live Crew."
Impreuna cu Inspektah Deck & Planet Asia, Afu-Ra va merge in scurt timp intr`un turneu prin state.

ps: Yeah, Perverted Monk representin/YouknowhatI'msayin? 8)

Chill Will
the funky man

Post by Chill Will »

Stiam despre chestia asta de ceva vreme si let the people know.Copywrite got knocked the fuck out! :lol:

This happened just over a week ago...but I felt I should share my knowledge with the world. Copywrite was recently jumped by the Weathermen. I find it funny. And Copy's crew just stood and watched. Only weapon involved was a pair of brass knucks...and Copy ended up breaking his fingers by weilding them wrong...Camu Tao was the main participant...

"I knew him and he brought it on himself. The 78 degrees tripled and smacked him in the face. Weathermen is for life and he wasn't bout it which is apparent. And he aint got no guns thats why he was fuckin' wit the Happy Meal brass knucks that did him no good." - Citat luat de pe www.hiphop-directory.com (forum)

http://www.gsu-gaming.com/copyfight/fight1.jpg

http://www.gsu-gaming.com/copyfight/fight3.jpg

http://www.gsu-gaming.com/copyfight/fight4.jpg

http://www.gsu-gaming.com/copyfight/fight5.jpg

http://www.gsu-gaming.com/copyfight/copyblood.jpg

http://www.gsu-gaming.com/copyfight/campose.jpg

"In conclusion,Copy got smashed...and his crew is pussy. O. Dot is weak as fuck..." - cam asa se termina postul! :roll:
http://listen.radionomy.com/classic-rap.m3u Classic Rap radio 24/7 - 101% dopeness

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Pharoahe writes for Diddy.

Earlier this year, SOHH reported that Diddy had enlisted Common, Talib Kweli and Kanye West to boost the political content on his next album. Now, SOHH has learned that Pharoahe Monch is also penning lyrics for Puff. Furthermore, word is Monch has reinvented himself and is coming with stellar material on his new project. "People, they need to hear that new ni99a. I believe that Common is good at reinventing himself on record. [Talib] Kweli and Mos Def, I respect them dudes, but I think they album wasn't what everybody expected," Denaun Porter, who is in the process of signing Monch to his Runyon Ave. imprint, told SOHH. "He's totally in control of what he's doing. He's more confident than ever. It's like he a young dude. Right now he's working with Puffy. He's writing for Puff and sh!t."

Return to “Hip hop strain”