NEWS

Discutii despre hip hop-ul de-afara

Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

arigo
Personal Journalist
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

Post by arigo »

Sun|Rah wrote:MF Doom collabs with Just Blaze. Seems like Just Blaze and MF Doom are also in talks to drop a collective CD. Just and MF are presently contemplating the idea of recording a full-length album together. In the July issue of The Source, Just revealed he has a remix of Doom's "Kookies" in the stash. The remix utilizes the "Sesame Street" sample just as the original song did.[/b]

de-abia astept sa vad ce iese. inca ceva destul de amuzant legat de colaborarea celor doi:

"As the clock ticks into the early hours of the morning, Blaze is itching to get into a recording session. But he can't resist giving a sneak peek of some unreleased work. With a mischievous grin he clicks the mouse to his desktop and plays a few seconds of MF Doom's "Food." then after a dramatic pause, his remix of "Food" comes in from the monitor. A drunk-sounding Cookie Monster porops up the track, giving a whole new tecture to Victor Von Doom's phonics. Blaze's voice rises as he shares album cover ideas for a possible MF DOOM Collaboration.

"The Group MFSB had an album cover with skulls on it and one of the skulls had a mask on it, that cud be DOOM," he says. "The album would be called MFJB"

As for the "Cookies" remix, underground heads should keep and ear to the street, or Limewire. "I toyed with the idea of leaking it on the internet," he reveals. "They probably won't believe it was produced by Just Blaze." There may be platinum in the underground yet. You just have to know where to dig."

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Cappadonna Launches New Record Label, Preps New Album
By Tiffany Hamilton
Date: 6/14/2005 1:30 pm

Former Wu-Tang member Cappadonna has launched his own record label entitled Hood' LLC and is preparing a new solo album.

Cappadonna who was once a part of the infamous Wu-Tang Clan announced that his new album would be the first release under Hood LLC.

"I am looking at putting out a record around August," Cappadonna told AHH. "It will definitely come with some originality."
For those wondering if he will re-unite with former group member and super producer The RZA for beats, it doesn't look like a possibility, although Cappadonna said there was no animosity between the two.

Cappadonna shocked the world in June of 2003, when the rapper resurfaced in Baltimore, Maryland as a cab driver.
The rapper explained that he intentionally gave up what material possessions he had amassed and walked the streets of Baltimore for 8 months, before returning to the rap game.

Shortly afterwards Cappadonna dropped his album, The Struggle.

For his latest untitled album, Cappadonna is seeking a new sound through new production.
"I am actually looking for new producers," Cappadonna said. "I want something fresh, something original to really capture my sound. I really want people to feel where I am coming from and to me the best way to capture that is to get someone just as hungry as I am, because I know they will not only feel the struggle but help to bring out the hunger in my music."
The untitled album is in the beginning stages and no release date was available as of press time.

Deena
La Cosa Nostra

Post by Deena »

Kanye West's highly anticipated sophomore LP, "Late Registration," has been pushed back from its original July 12 release to Aug. 16.
The track list for "Late Registration" has not been finalized, but West previously said it would feature guest appearances from John Legend and John Mayer. Common also told said he expected to contribute.

RahNyse
tanar

Post by RahNyse »

Rapper Cassidy is wanted in Philadelphia for the murder of a 22-year-old man during an April 15 shooting. A warrant for his arrest was issued on June 8.

Michael Giampietro, Cassidy's attorney, said he expects his client will surrender himself to authorities on Friday morning. A police spokesperson said when he does, Cassidy will be charged with conspiracy, weapons possession and homicide.

According to police, Cassidy (real name Barry Reese) and two other men, armed with .45 and .40 caliber handguns, 9 mm pistols, AK47 assault rifles and 7.62 mm rifles, fired on three other men during an argument that unfolded behind a house in the rapper's northwest Philadelphia neighborhood just before 1 a.m. on April 15.

One of the men who was shot, Desmond Hawkins, 22, of Philadelphia, died from a gunshot wound to the back. The two other men were treated at area hospitals for gunshot wounds and subsequently released.

Police said a second warrant was also issued for 23-year-old Abdul West, also of Philadelphia, who, along with Cassidy, was one of the three shooters involved in the incident. Homicide detectives have been unable to identify the third shooter. Police were not immediately clear as to what Cassidy's connection might have been to the two other shooters. But according to a spokesperson for the department, all of the men involved "knew each other."

The three victims were reportedly unarmed at the time.

Cassidy, the first MC of significance to be supported by Swizz Beatz's J-affiliated Full Service label, will release his sophomore album, I'm a Hustla, on June 28.
I met Satan standin there waitin... It was 2 o'clock at night when he asked me for a light
And offered me a sip of his wine but I declined

arigo
Personal Journalist

Post by arigo »

Chino XL are probleme cu viitorul sau album Poison Pen. Universal, labelul cu care se afla sub contract, nu este multumit de continutul LP-ul. Chino se gandeste sa arunce materialul pe piata sub forma unui mixtape.

doru649
dimineata verific forumu

Post by doru649 »

Cage - Hell's Winter

Album drops september 20th on Def Jux, with guests from El-P, Camu Tao, Tame One, Yak Ballz, Daryl Palumbo (Glassjaw/Head Automatica), Yo La Tengo and Jello Biafra, and production from El-P, Camu Tao, Blockhead, RJD2, DJ PaWl and Dj Shadow. Got a hold of the promo advance, and this album kicks much ass. Really, it does. Production is fuckin banging. Lookin forward to september to cop this.
nu mi'a placut vreodata Cage, dar albumul asta chiar o sa'l caut in avans!

arigo
Personal Journalist

Post by arigo »

Adio, GangStarr!

Dupa 7 albume scoase impreuna, DJ Premier si Guru s-au decis sa urmeze drumuri separate. Zvonurile despre destramarea trupei s-au inmultit in ultimele zile dupa ce s-a constat ca pe noul album semnat Guru nu apare nici o piesa produsa de Premo. In cele din urma, informatiile au fost confirmate de catre cei doi. Separarea celor doi s-a produs inca de anul trecut, motivul oficial care a stat la baza deciziei fiind un conflict al trupei cu casa de discuri. Persoane din anturajul celor doi spun insa ca motivul real ar fi o raceala intre Premier si Guru, cel dintai saturandu-se de problemele pe care le are Guru cu alcoolul si cu starile depresive.

sursa: http://www.gurugangstarr.com
Last edited by arigo on Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bazooka Joe
trendy guy

Post by Bazooka Joe »

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
muie copos

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

~th`s bullshit~ :evil:
you just never know when you're living in a golden age.

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

Mai bine ca s`au retras acum cu fruntea sus, poate ne dezamageau si ei :D . . . hai sa vedem si partea pozitiva :wink: Sunt curioasa de noua combinatie . . .

Don Ice D.i.A
adevarat sa mor de nu

Post by Don Ice D.i.A »

mai urmeaza Necro feat Britney Spears ...

Chill Will
the funky man

Post by Chill Will »

Damn! :( Au fost si-o sa ramana una dintre cele mai tari trupe existente vreodata,it's a classic...si-o sa-i ascult si peste 10 ani!Imi aduc aminte in 98 cand am ascultat prima oara Gangstarr - The Rap Growz Bigga ...o saptamana intreaga am rulat piesa asta si acuma ii mai stiu versurile!R.I.P. Gang Starr , keep walking Prem&The Guru!

"Years ago, we were new jacks to this scene
Showed some effort, made fat records, but still saw no green
Know what I mean? They tried to stifle us
Nigga you could not believe how really ill and trife it was
Fed up so we headed on a serious mission
Wishin, that we could better our position
Two businessmen, Guru and Prim', we enterprised
Too strong to be stepped on, creatively wise
The dedicated ministers of underground sound
When we're doin our thing, you know we don't fuck around
No matter how bizarre and different you think you are
Your team wouldn't dream of competeing with GangStarr
Premier in the rear with the beats and cuts
And Guru with the mic ready to tear shit up
Take us out the game nigga? How you figure?
The name is well kept, and the rep just gets bigga"
/Guru pe "The rap growz bigga"
http://listen.radionomy.com/classic-rap.m3u Classic Rap radio 24/7 - 101% dopeness

doru649
dimineata verific forumu

Post by doru649 »

Gangstarr - The Rap Growz Bigga

piesei ii zice "the rep grows bigga".
rep, de la "reputation" si nu de la "rap".
o confuzie destul de frecventa, de aia si tin sa subliniez.

Chill Will
the funky man

Post by Chill Will »

N-am stiut! :) Thanx profesore... :wink:
http://listen.radionomy.com/classic-rap.m3u Classic Rap radio 24/7 - 101% dopeness

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

E o stire > am mutat`o aici :P
After the recent departure of Green Lantern as Eminem??€�s DJ, and with the Anger Management 3 tour fast approaching, Shady Records have been quick in finding a replacement for the Evil Genius. The Alchemist, who has previously toured with and served as a DJ for the likes of Cypress Hill and Mobb Deep, has accepted Em??€�s offer for the position of official DJ. Alchemist cited managerial contacts as the underlying link between the pair, saying, ??€?Basically, we are under the same management. My brother Neal [Maman] and Paul [Paul Rosenburg, Shady Records/Goliath Artists executive] stepped up and they came up with the idea. They approached him and then they approached me and asked me if I was with it. And I said, ??€?Yeah.??€�??€? In related news, Eminem is set to premiere his new single ??€?Ass Like That??€� with a first-time performance at the MTV Movie Awards next month. Next up and word has spread about the sad death of Justo Faison, founder of the Mixtape Awards, in a car crash last Saturday. According to reports, Faison had left Richmond, Virginia feeling extremely tired and was set to drive to an undisclosed destination. It is believed the crash involved two cars, although details are sparse. Faison will be remembered for establishing the Mixtape Awards in 1996, which celebrated their 10th anniversary this year, and helping to create the now-booming mixtape business. In other news, and even after Sheek claimed they won??€�t ever diss him, G-Unit member Tony Yayo has been talking greasy about D-Block and The Game. Speaking on US radio, Yayo ingeniously referred to D-Block as ??€?D-Bums??€� and claimed they can??€�t sell records, even after working with Jay-Z and Biggie. He also called Game ??€?Mr. Potato-Head??€? and asked, ??€?How you a hustler and you on ??€?Change Of Heart' for $1000 at 18???€? Yayo??€�s debut album, ??€?Thoughts Of A Predicate Felon??€�, hits stores on June 28. Meanwhile, it has been revealed that despite Cam??€�ron??€�s move to Asylum/Warner Music Group, Juelz Santana is staying with Def Jam: ??€?I just felt like I wanted that [Def Jam] machine behind me. It??€�s nothing more than that ??€� nothing,??€? the youngest member of the Diplomats said. ??€?As long as I do what I have to do to make it hot, from the videos to the street buzz, it shouldn??€�t be too hard.??€? He also insisted there is ??€?no beef with the rest of the crew??€? and clarified that ??€?the deal is still a joint venture with Diplomat Records??€?. Finally, and in answer to every DMX fan??€�s dreams, X has picked up the mic once again and is set to release his sixth LP, entitled ??€?Here We Go Again??€�, this coming June/July. Swizz Beats is producing the first single off the album, a typical up-tempo record for which the video is being recorded this week in Miami. After that, Waah Dean, who co-runs Ruff Ryders, said they will come with some emotion ??€� or in his words, ??€?follow up and let the Dog hit them with some pain??€?.
Mda . . .

Return to “Hip hop strain”