Discutii despre hip hop-ul de-afara

Moderators: greuceanu, .etalosed

dumbinos
rapperu vostru preferat
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

O.C. - Smoke And Mirrors 2005

Post by dumbinos »

apare oficial pe 1 noiembrie...
eu personal parca nu sunt prea incantat de album... productia nu mi se pare prea reusita la f multe piese... dar nu ma luati in seama pe mine, io's mai moftuoros :P

piesa favorita a mea: http://rapidshare.de/files/5290691/07-o ... s.mp3.html

▓▒ Track Title Time ▒▓
▓▒ ▒▓
▓▒ 01. Intro: Smoke and Mirrors 01:03 ▒▓
▓▒ 02. You Made Me 04:10 ▒▓
▓▒ 03. Martyr 04:48 ▒▓
▓▒ 04. My Way 04:13 ▒▓
▓▒ 05. Emotions 04:05 ▒▓
▓▒ 06. Distortion 03:13 ▒▓
▓▒ 07. Going Nowhere 04:13 ▒▓
▓▒ 08. Young World 02:19 ▒▓
▓▒ 09. Gone 05:07 ▒▓
▓▒ 10. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly 03:25 ▒▓
▓▒ 11. Guns and Better 03:42 ▒▓
▓▒ 12. I'm Da Boss 03:59 ▒▓
▓▒ 13. Challenge Y'all 03:58 ▒▓
▓▒ 14. Brothers Keeper 04:52 ▒▓
▓▒ 15. What I Need 04:16 ▒▓
▓▒ 16. Shortly 03:38 ▒▓
▓▒ 17. This Is Me 04:02 ▒▓

adapter
moderator astea

Post by adapter »

pai si cu Starchild cum ramane?

dumbinos
rapperu vostru preferat

Post by dumbinos »

pai si cu Starchild cum ramane?
pai ala parca e scos doar pt japonezia... din cate imi aduc aminte io... asta e altu
check out www.hieroglyphics.com

8.127.2005: New Music from O.C.!
just a little taste for ya to see whats in store November 1st...
REAL:
Guns and Butter
Challenge Y'all

WINDOWS MEDIA:
Guns and Butter
Challenge Y'all

0.0.0:
(Brooklyn, NY August 15, 2005) D.I.T.C member O.C. recently signed with indie hip-hop conglomerate Hiero Imperium and will release his fifth solo album entitled Smoke & Mirrors on November 1, 2005.
When people talk about MC's who are under-appreciated, O.C.'s name is always mentioned. His history of under-promoted albums and music industry drama has plagued him throughout his career. Despite releasing four critically acclaimed solo releases and having tracks on a dozen movie soundtracks, O.C. has remained largely unnoticed by the masses. Armed with Smoke & Mirrors and backed by one of the most respected independent hip-hop labels, Hiero Imperium, "King of the Underground" O.C. is ready to finally get the recognition he deserves.,br> O.C. is excited about his new venture with Hiero. For the first time in his career, he has been given full control over the artistry of his music. Says O.C., "Knowing my history and work ethic Hiero said to me, 'We don't have to babysit you, just do your thing.' Now, how many labels do you know of that say that to their artists?" What drew O.C. to the label was not only their mutual respect for each other but also the fact that Hiero took control of their destiny after getting fed up with dealing with other labels. Explains O.C., "The cats from Hiero experienced the same music industry bulllsh*t as me. They were smart and established their own company back in the mid 90's and have been steadily growing ever since. I think part of the reason for their success is their egalitarian attitude. With Hiero, I'm treated more like a partner than just an artist." O.C. is the first East Coast artist to be affiliated with the label since it was established in 1997.
Smoke & Mirrors is a concept album based on themes of contradiction and hypocrisy that run rampant in the entertainment industry as seen through O.C.'s eyes. This album is another instant classic for the famed "King of the Underground." Smoke & Mirrors will be available for purchase on November 1st on Hiero Imperium.

adapter
moderator astea

Post by adapter »

Din cate stiu, trebuia sa iasa Startchild, un album care era gata sa iasa pe piata, dar a fost un scandal cu sampleuri si bla bla, si casa de discuri nu i-a mai dat voie sa iasa pe piata, motivele fiind evidente. Si au fost 250 de exemplare ale albumului care au fost distribuite pe siteul casei de discuri primilor 250 de utilizatori care trimit mail or smth. Si a mai fost o declaratie de genu: se vor reface instrumentalele bla bla, se vor adauga melodii noi bla bla si varianta asta reeditata ar trebui sa iasa la finele anului curent(2005).

O fi vorba de acelasi album? :)

adapter
moderator astea

Post by adapter »

Free O.C.!! 7/14/05

No the dude didn??€�t get locked up. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for his new album. Yep, the D.I.T.C. member??€�s incredible import LP 'Starchild' has officially been shelved and a domestic release will never see the light of day. Why has this travesty occurred you ask? Well it seems the LP is the latest victim of that mean old sample clearance monster. Several samples, including one from the recently acquitted Michael Jackson, were not officially cleared in the U.S.A. In response to this tragic turn of events Grit Records recently announced they would be giving their entire stock of this album away for FREE to the first 250 O.C. fans to email the label. Of course, the entire stock disappeared in two days. But why would a label simply give away an album that is sure to draw serious scrilla on the collector's scene in a few months? Mahlon Williams, President of Grit Records, believes in the quality of the album so strongly that he feels it would be a travesty to deny any O.C. fan the chance to hear the album. He recently reiterated his position to me stating, &quotWe are a little disappointed by the decisions of 'powerless people who themselves hold a position of power' to strong-arm us into sitting on this album and dealing with them on some 'operational matters'. I figure people need to hear (Starchild) at all costs. Period." Apparently Grit also plans on re-working this album, adding different tracks and re-doing some old ones with sample issues. The new version will be released as an entirely new LP and will hopefully be released before the end of 2005. And don??€�t fret if you haven??€�t picked up a copy of Starchild yet or missed out on the free ones, UGHH still has a few left for sale- but they are definitely going fast.

Return to “Hip hop strain”