albums you should own

Rock, reggae, r'n'b si orice alt gen muzical despre care simtiti nevoia sa discutati ... pe masura ce discutiile se vor segrega probabil vor aparea noi subforumuri

Moderator: .etalosed

sunrah
atmoposciel.pl - Jedwabne poszewki na poduszki

albums you should own

Post by sunrah »

topicul ce l-a deschis doru acum cateva zile mi-a dat ideea sa incep un thread cu my favorites. sunt prea lenesa pentru a-mi bate capul cu vechiul blog, fonturi si aranjamente minutioase.. voi uploada albume care acopera in mare cam toate genurile (released pana in 2000), de la ambient - la rock - la soul - la metal - la folk, cam orice, exceptand hip hop-ul, o fi destul pe aici. voi adauga si o mica recenzie la fiecare album care nu-mi apartine, dar e necesara. enjoy si stay tuned.

p.s.: 89fm, vedetele nu-si impartasesc gusturile.
you just never know when you're living in a golden age.

sunrah

Post by sunrah »

(Genre: Folk-Rock)

1. Joni Mitchell - All I Want (3:34)
2. Joni Mitchell - My Old Man (3:34)
3. Joni Mitchell - Little Green (3:27)
4. Joni Mitchell - Carey (3:03)
5. Joni Mitchell - Blue (3:05)
6. Joni Mitchell - California (3:50)
7. Joni Mitchell - This Flight Tonight (2:52)
8. Joni Mitchell - River (4:05)
9. Joni Mitchell - A Case of You (4:23)
10. Joni Mitchell - The Last Time I Saw Richard (4:16)

Code: Select all

http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=2bb461f062eaeb3ceb049b8633bf1118
Sad, spare, and beautiful, Blue is the quintessential confessional singer/songwriter album. Forthright and poetic, Joni Mitchell's songs are raw nerves, tales of love and loss (two words with relative meaning here) etched with stunning complexity; even tracks like "All I Want," "My Old Man," and "Carey" — the brightest, most hopeful moments on the record — are darkened by bittersweet moments of sorrow and loneliness. At the same time that songs like "Little Green" (about a child given up for adoption) and the title cut (a hymn to salvation supposedly penned for James Taylor) raise the stakes of confessional folk-pop to new levels of honesty and openness, Mitchell's music moves beyond the constraints of acoustic folk into more intricate and diverse territory, setting the stage for the experimentation of her later work. Unrivaled in its intensity and insight, Blue remains a watershed.

cafteala
official QB murderer

Post by cafteala »

watch this topic i will

DFB
Fat and ugly as ever

Post by DFB »

Sun|Rah wrote:Image
very true, indeed...

sunrah

Robert Johnson - King of the Delta Blues Singers (1961)

Post by sunrah »

Stefan P wrote:uploadeaza si tu mai mult Blues, Jazz astea ce nu e prea melodios =)
si ca sa-mi continui ideea: vedetele nu-si impartasesc gusturile, ele doar sampleaza. :lol: here you go, with the king:

Genre: Blues

1. Robert Johnson - Cross Road Blues (2:31)
2. Robert Johnson - Terraplane Blues (3:03)
3. Robert Johnson - Come On In My Kitchen (2:53)
4. Robert Johnson - Walkin' Blues (2:32)
5. Robert Johnson - Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2:40)
6. Robert Johnson - 32-20 Blues (2:52)
7. Robert Johnson - Kind Hearted Woman Blues (2:53)
8. Robert Johnson - If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day (2:37)
9. Robert Johnson - Preachin' Blues (Up Jumped The Devil) (2:53)
10. Robert Johnson - When You Got A Good Friend (2:40)
11. Robert Johnson - Ramblin' On My Mind (2:53)
12. Robert Johnson - Stones In My Passway (2:30)
13. Robert Johnson - Traveling Riverside Blues (2:49)
14. Robert Johnson - Milkcow's Calf Blues (2:19)
15. Robert Johnson - Me And The Devil Blues (2:36)
16. Robert Johnson - Hell Hound On My Trail (2:40)
17. Robert Johnson - Traveling Riverside Blues (alternate take) (2:39)

http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=68a4002b9c0c0f712ba455e92fc1dbec
Reading about the power inherent in Robert Johnson's music is one thing, but actually experiencing it is another matter entirely. The official 1998 edition of the original 1961 album was certainly worth the wait, remastered off the best quality original 78s available, of far superior quality to any of the source materials used on even the 1991 box set. Johnson's guitar takes on a fullness never heard on previous reissues, and except for a nagging hiss in spots on "Terraplane Blues" (the equalization on this disc is extreme, to even sport some minute turntable rumble in the low end), this really brings his music alive. If there is such a thing as a greatest-hits package available on Johnson, this landmark album, which jump-started the whole '60s blues revival, would certainly be the one. The majority of Johnson's best-known tunes, the ones that made the legend, are all aboard: "Crossroads," "Walkin' Blues," "Me & the Devil Blues," "Come On In My Kitchen," and the apocalyptic visions contained in "Hellhound On My Trail" are the blues at its finest, the lyrics sheer poetry. And making its first appearance anywhere is a newly discovered (in 1998) alternate take of "Traveling Riverside Blues" that's appended to the original 16-track lineup. If you are starting your blues collection from the ground up, be sure to make this your very first purchase.

Werther
Sturm und Drang

Post by Werther »

Ai compromis cu topicu asta tot ce mai ramasese din producatorii autohtoni... ma rog sa nu ai parte de atentie

sunrah

Five Leaves Left (1970), Pink Moon (1972)

Post by sunrah »

haha. supraapreciezi acei "producatori autohtoni". n-au ajuns aici, si cand or ajunge, isi vor da seama ca nu se poate. :D
cat despre ceilalti, de-ar asculta doar, asa tare m-as bucura.

Genre: Folk

1. Nick Drake - Time Has Told Me (1970) (4:27)
2. Nick Drake - River Man (1970) (4:22)
3. Nick Drake - Three Hours (1970) (6:15)
4. Nick Drake - Way To Blue (1970) (3:11)
5. Nick Drake - Day Is Done (1970) (2:25)
6. Nick Drake - Cello Song (1970) (4:47)
7. Nick Drake - Thoughts Of Mary Jane (1970) (3:22)
8. Nick Drake - Man In A Shed (1970) (3:55)
9. Nick Drake - Fruit Tree (1970) (4:49)
10. Nick Drake - Saturday Sun (1970) (4:05)

http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=a9acf4cb545e7a3c6af82694e7b4048e
Five Leaves Left was Nick's first album, and overall the most realized - he took over a year putting it together after all. If you don't like the sound of strings and flutes you'll probably want to hear the later Pink Moon instead, which is basically just Nick and his guitar. Either way, just make sure you check him out somehow. Any Drake offering is a treasure not to be missed.

1. Nick Drake - Pink Moon (2:06)
2. Nick Drake - Place To Be (2:43)
3. Nick Drake - Road (2:02)
4. Nick Drake - Which Will (2:54)
5. Nick Drake - Horn (1:23)
6. Nick Drake - Things Behind the Sun (3:57)
7. Nick Drake - Know (2:25)
8. Nick Drake - Parasite (3:36)
9. Nick Drake - Free Ride (3:06)
10. Nick Drake - Harvest Breed (1:37)
11. Nick Drake - From the Morning (2:30)

http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=c046945b4774b486911d8f65565af389
After two albums of tastefully orchestrated folk-pop, albeit some of the least demonstrative and most affecting around, Drake chose a radical change for what turned out to be his final album. Not even half-an-hour long, with 11 short songs and no more — he famously remarked at the time that he simply had no more to record — Pink Moon more than anything else is the record that made Drake the cult figure he remains. Specifically, Pink Moon is the bleakest of them all; that the likes of Belle and Sebastian are fans of Drake may be clear enough, but it's doubtful they could ever achieve the calm, focused anguish of this album, as harrowing as it is attractive. No side musicians or outside performers help this time around — it's simply Drake and Drake alone on vocals, acoustic guitar, and a bit of piano, recorded by regular producer Joe Boyd but otherwise untouched by anyone else. The lead-off title track was eventually used in a Volkswagen commercial nearly 30 years later, giving him another renewed burst of appreciation — one of life's many ironies, in that such an affecting song, Drake's softly keened singing and gentle strumming, could turn up in such a strange context. The remainder of the album follows the same general path, with Drake's elegant melancholia avoiding sounding pretentious in the least thanks to his continued embrace of simple, tender vocalizing. Meanwhile, the sheer majesty of his guitar playing — consider the opening notes of "Radio" or "Parasite" — makes for a breathless wonder to behold. If anyone needs confirmation as to why artists like Mark Eitzel, Elliott Smith, Lou Barlow, or Robert Smith hold Drake close to their hearts, it's all here, still as beautiful as the day it was released.

Chewbacca2
hanzo

Post by Chewbacca2 »

Fiecare tre sa'si descopere muzica favorita, parerea mea.

sunrah

Love - Forever Changes (1967)

Post by sunrah »

n-am nicio indoiala. asta fiind una dintre posibilitati.

Genre: Psychedelic Rock

1. Love - Alone Again Or (3:17)
2. Love - A House Is Not A Motel (3:31)
3. Love - Andmoreagain (3:17)
4. Love - The Daily Planet (3:31)
5. Love - Old Man (3:02)
6. Love - The Red Telephone (4:46)
7. Love - Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark and Hilldale (3:34)
8. Love - Live And Let Live (5:26)
9. Love - The Good Humor Man He Sees Everything Like This (3:09)
10. Love - Bummer In The Summer (2:24)
11. Love - You Set The Scene (6:57)

Bonus Tracks

12. Love - Hummingbirds [Demo Version] (2:43)
13. Love - Wonder People (I Do Wonder) [Outtake] (3:22)
14. Love - Alone Again Or [Alternate Mix] (2:55)
15. Love - You Set The Scene [Alternate Mix] (7:01)
16. Love - Your Mind And We Belong Together (8:16)
17. Love - Your Mind And We Belong Together (4:27)
18. Love - Laughing Stock (2:31)

http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=e5f94502a284a023d921820285baa372
Love's Forever Changes made only a minor dent on the charts when it was first released in 1967, but years later it became recognized as one of the finest and most haunting albums to come out of the Summer of Love, which doubtless has as much to do with the disc's themes and tone as the music, beautiful as it is. Sharp electric guitars dominated most of Love's first two albums, and they make occasional appearances here on tunes like "A House Is Not a Motel" and "Live and Let Live," but most of Forever Changes is built around interwoven acoustic guitar textures and subtle orchestrations, with strings and horns both reinforcing and punctuating the melodies. The punky edge of Love's early work gave way to a more gentle, contemplative, and organic sound on Forever Changes, but while Arthur Lee and Bryan MacLean wrote some of their most enduring songs for the album, the lovely melodies and inspired arrangements can't disguise an air of malaise that permeates the sessions. A certain amount of this reflects the angst of a group undergoing some severe internal strife, but Forever Changes is also an album that heralds the last days of a golden age and anticipates the growing ugliness that would dominate the counterculture in 1968 and 1969; images of violence and war haunt "A House Is Not a Motel," the street scenes of "Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark and Hillsdale" reflects a jaded mindset that flower power could not ease, the twin specters of race and international strife rise to the surface of "The Red Telephone," romance becomes cynicism in "Bummer in the Summer," the promise of the psychedelic experience decays into hard drug abuse in "Live and Let Live," and even gentle numbers like "Andmoreagain" and "Old Man" sound elegiac, as if the ghosts of Chicago and Altamont were visible over the horizon as Love looked back to brief moments of warmth. Forever Changes is inarguably Love's masterpiece and an album of enduring beauty, but it's also one of the few major works of its era that saw the dark clouds looming on the cultural horizon, and the result was music that was as prescient as it was compelling.

Nef
adevarat sa mor de nu

Post by Nef »

foarte tare. un topic normal pe hades e ceva rar :lol:

awaky
i'm the scatman

Post by awaky »

Nef wrote: un topic normal pe hades e ceva rar :lol:
POFTIM ?!?

:roll:

Nef
adevarat sa mor de nu

Post by Nef »

luati toate topicurile lu Pitizi, Begongo si Mallone, si comparati-le cu asta

asta vreau sa zic :lol:

DFB
Fat and ugly as ever

Post by DFB »

sunrah

Talking Heads - Remain in Light (1980)

Post by sunrah »

n-am vazut niciun live cu ea, multumesc! ^

Genre: New Wave

1. Talking Heads - Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) (5:49)
2. Talking Heads - Crosseyed and Painless (4:47)
3. Talking Heads - The Great Curve (6:27)
4. Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime (4:22)
5. Talking Heads - Houses in Motion (4:33)
6. Talking Heads - Seen and Not Seen (3:24)
7. Talking Heads - Listening Wind (4:43)
8. Talking Heads - The Overload (6:01)

http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=51c61bf1fa21f1f6e7d2e7b25c184fc9
The musical transition that seemed to have just begun with Fear of Music came to fruition on Talking Heads' fourth album, Remain in Light. "I Zimbra" and "Life During Wartime" from the earlier album served as the blueprints for a disc on which the group explored African polyrhythms on a series of driving groove tracks, over which David Byrne chanted and sang his typically disconnected lyrics. Remain in Light had more words than any previous Heads record, but they counted for less than ever in the sweep of the music. The album's single, "Once in a Lifetime," flopped upon release, but over the years it became an audience favorite due to a striking video, its inclusion in the band's 1984 concert film Stop Making Sense, and its second single release (in the live version) because of its use in the 1986 movie Down and Out in Beverly Hills, when it became a minor chart entry. Byrne sounded typically uncomfortable in the verses ("And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife/And you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?"), which were undercut by the reassuring chorus ("Letting the days go by"). Even without a single, Remain in Light was a hit, indicating that Talking Heads were connecting with an audience ready to follow their musical evolution, and the album was so inventive and influential, it was no wonder. As it turned out, however, it marked the end of one aspect of the group's development and was their last new music for three years.

dan
Pop

Post by dan »

DFB wrote:
Sun|Rah wrote:Joni Mitchell
http://ylow.blogspot.com/2007/02/joni-mitchell.html
imi place la nebunie Joni Mitchell cum e samplata pe refren :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9QYv9XBMHI[/youtube]

eu recomand oricui Apocalyptica - Plays Metallica by Four Cellos (1996) / Inquisition Symphony (1998)

Return to “Alte genuri muzicale”